Neighbours

Neighbours cast and crew last week gave actress Eve Morey a standing ovation at a screening of her final episode, attended by Fremantle Global CEO Jennifer Mullin.

It must be such a huge occasion that the global boss of production company attended the screening.

1 Like

I believe Mullin was in town to witness the cross promotion with Mardi Gras

It says a lot about how “off the radar” this show is for most viewers that the death of a major character has barely made a ripple. The deaths of Molly and Shirley in A Country Practice, Daphne and Jim in Neighbours, Shane, Bobby and Ailsa Home and Away, Maggie in Blue Heelers, and Mel in Packed to the Rafters were all lapped up by viewers and received widespread media attention- magazine covers and features, column inches in the news section of newspapers, mourners calling talkback radio.

I think the treatment of drama shows by the networks- inconsistent, haphazard scheduling, lack of promotion, relegating them to secondary channels- has guaranteed the days of huge ratings and viewers being consumed by the death of characters is over

2 Likes

On the subject of overseas fans voting in the Logies:

Or Claire in McLeod’s.

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: 61st TV Week Logie Awards 2019

Great comment.

Neighbours celebrating 34 years on air today (March 18).

4 Likes

Gosh now Beverley is back. Another blast from the past. And the Nunawading studio serves as a backdrop again…

Her hair certainly looks different but she’s still the same Beverly Marshall.

2 Likes

Well hairstyle’s do change over the decades. :stuck_out_tongue:

Actress Lisa Armytage was the original Dr. Beverly Marshall in 1987 with Shaunna O’Grady taking over the role in 1989.

3 Likes

When you’ve been around for many, many decades, you get to know that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So, the former front entrance to the ATV10 building is now being used as a Hospital?

That building has been a prison, so now it’s a hospital :wink:

It’s been very versatile

They actually do shoot a lot of the scenes outside a real hospital in Melbourne. It must have just been that particular scene that was shot outsude the studio and made to look like another part of the hospital.

I remember Beverly Mitchell, her relationship with Jim was up and down and eventually she left him, but what is the point of bringing her back? Apart from Paul her connection to the street is non existence. Jane has a connection with Paul, but again I question why bring all these old characters back (no reference to age). See this is where it is a good idea where to have old Neighbours classics on again, or at least Ten ALL Access, so new Neighbours fans can get acquainted with these old characters and what made Neighbours great at the time.

Just weird decision making.

Beverly Marshall. Maybe you don’t remember her so well. :wink:

Nostalgia, I guess.

Shaunna O’Grady still has a connection with the show. Her husband is Chris Adshead, who has been a director on the show for many years.

Oh yeah you are right, i confused her with Beverly Mitchell from 7th heaven! my brain is dead…

Nostaligia doesn’t really work with the current Neighbours cast does it. Same with Jane’s return. Unless they do a Chloe (when H&A returned her character and then killed her off, I am pretty sure it was a character named Chloe)

Thats cool that she still has a connection with the show and well not really relevant to my point but is somewhat cool to know. :slight_smile:

18-year-old transgender activist Georgie Stone is joining Neighbours, after writing a letter to EP Jason Herbison a year ago suggesting the soap should add a transgender character. Georgie’s parents had both appeared on the show before.
Filming of her in the guest role will start in June, with her character being seen on screen towards the end of the year.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/transgender-role-model-georgie-stone-signs-on-to-neighbours/news-story/92700761affca7a7b860500f2fbd45a8