Neighbours

Just a question, are they screening a Welcome Back To Ramsey Street on Ten the day before it returns to pique interest?

I heard rumours they might be to partially explain the 2 year gap or would this just be explained in the first episode?

2 Likes
2 Likes

They’ll mention the two yeat gap in the first week of the show, but then will most likely not mention it afterwards.

On a side note, when school ages kids leave any soapie leave, and they return to the show a few years later, their ages dont add up anyway, to suit the shows storyline. Lol. This two year gap is ideal for that reason. Lol.

There will apparently be a week of flashbacks around Halloween time.

1 Like

First week’s episode descriptions

Digital Spy has synopses of the first three weeks (beware of spoilers)

Neighbours returns to TVNZ 2 in New Zealand at 5.30pm weekdays from Monday, September 18, same day as Australia.

1 Like

We are so excited to share an official first look of brand new #Neighbours, with Reece's (Mischa Barton's) first appearance! 🍿 Watch this and more from 18th September on @AmazonFreevee, @Channel10AU, @TVNZ, @RTEOne and @PrimeVideo depending on where you are. pic.twitter.com/U6AYEidUtl

— Neighbours (@neighbours) September 8, 2023

Neighbours will screen Tuesdays to Fridays on TVNZ 2 at 5.30pm from 19 September, less than 24 hours after its original Australian broadcast, although this is only an update.

All the Neighbours opening themes have been terrible since the 2013 (?) one, the prior mid-2007 one was still alright, but definitely not as good as the one before that from 2002 one which is regarded by many as the best.

1 Like

How many episodes is Mischa in ? I assume she isn’t in Australia anymore.

I had a preference for the one used in the beginning, I believe it was sug by Barry Crocker.

I also loved the flow of what happened, things that would believably happen in a neighbourhood. For obvious reasons these scenes couldnt be reused.

I think people prefer simplicity.

The one used from 2002 was by Janine Maunder I believe and the subsequent one by Sandra de Jong

1 Like

Just a little reminder/ cheat that 10 Play allow you to change your location on its service so once Daylight Savings come into effect on Oct 2 in Sydney and Melbourne viewers from other states can tune in an hour earlier (say 3:30pm in QLD) by changing your location to Sydney or Melbourne.

Wonder if it will also end up on paramount+ for a few days after. Would rather watch in full had on there with no ads

Don’t think that’s part of the deal, you can do that on Amazon Prime.

1 Like

Yeah I’m kinda hoping that’s going to happen too.

Before it ended it popped up around 10pm the same night.

1 Like

I don’t think so… as Amazon Prime wouldn’t be happy about that.

You would think Paramount would’ve come to the table last year. Especially with Channel 10 and 5 involved. Idiotic by them.

1 Like

A week later though. Not the best outcome to have to wait a week for HD.

You realise 10 and 10Play is HD?

Live, yeah, but not on demand.

1 Like