NBN News

No local backdrops in the local windows, its the new Hunter River one everywhere, graphics are the same as the metro package.

1 Like

I noticed it’s been like that since around the time the Queen died.

They should get a green screen and key in a local backdrop for each bulletin.

I don’t think that’s possible because they use different camera angles.

I wonder how Seven Perth manages to chrome key their virtual set with zooming in?

1 Like

The camera positioning data is fed into a computer/server that calculates what angle the virtual set should be set to, and renders the set in real time.

5 Likes

It feels distant - “Our {X}, Our News” would be better

2 Likes

I saw a promo on air yesterday that had “Your Newcastle, Your News” as the end caption. Hopefully they’re running localised ones elsewhere too.

1 Like

Would be great if they could do that for NBN News as well

They really should replace the screens with a green screen so they can have local backdrops and so Gavin is not sitting off to the side.

They really need to get rid of the unfinished black flooring as that makes the set dull, dungey and dark.

The set would then look 100 times better than what they have now.

Something i think is also new with the refresh…

It looks like Newcastle weather is now pre-recorded too, as the last frame of weather has Gavin standing, but the next second, he is seated with Natasha for the closer.

Previously he was also standing for the closer.

2 Likes

It’s always been pre-recorded and has always sat with Natasha for the closer.

1 Like

The Newcastle weather? It has always been live and Gavin most certainly has stood at the side of the desk when returning to Tash for the ending.

2 Likes

Glad they fooled you.

1 Like

If it’s not live now, it used to be. I remember a few years ago when they still used the green screen that Gavin popped up on said green screen during a report about Prince Andrew while they were prepping for the weather preview. They obviously selected that camera on the be program bus instead of the source bus for the chromakeyer. He had a shocked look on his face and then a comment was made by Lobby after the report, something like “you’ll never know when Gav will turn up”.

1 Like

Exactly.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Newcaslte

Surprised there wasn’t more typos considering I wrote it at around 1am and wasn’t wearing my glasses :joy::joy::joy:

Wow, did you get her phone number too while you were at it?

I’m guessing these guys record and prepare the local windows?

5 Likes