NBN News

The bulletin comes from Newcastle every Thursday night

5 Likes

Those graphics look pretty decent aside from the awful tinted logo look that was used nationally.

3 Likes

NBN News a bit light on for staff today?

No Gavin Morris or Lauren Kempe for weather, so Natasha presented news solo and did weather too, with Adam Murray on sport. And no live crosses at all, just pre-packaged reports all bulletin.

It made the bulletin hard to watch since it’s 1 hour, I don’t find Natasha easy to watch at the best of times, she comes across as a bit bland / dry, and with no one else much to break up the delivery aside from Adam.

2 Likes

Don’t be surprised if it’s a virus/bug or flu going around. The two companies I work for are either side of Nine Newcastle’s HQ and we are both down with staff this week due to illness.

6 Likes

NBN News bulletins will become available on 9Now from later this year, as confirmed on Nine’s 2024 Upfronts last night.

3 Likes

Caveat

2 Likes

That’s only really 2 of 5 bulletins (as Nth Rivers and Gold Coast is the same bulletin).

Perhaps the other 3 (Mid North Coast, North West and Central Coast) will be uploaded later in the evening for catch up only viewing since the other 2 are “live” (assuming that’s what they mean).

1 Like

Two of five for NBN, yes - the other is the QTQ Gold Coast news which is not currently on 9Now yet either.

I guess it gets at least 80% of everyone’s bulletin up. The NBN news site still has the other local windows and perhaps they’ll be put up just as those on 9Now.

2 Likes

Ah yes, i misread that. Thanks

But then 80% is a bit meh… Why not put them all up… server space shouldn’t be an issue?

2 Likes

Nothing saying it won’t; I guess we’ll find out later this year. Know just as much as you on this.

2 Likes

Gavin Morris presented solo tonight, interestingly Lauren Kempe presented weather. I know Natasha has done news and weather solo before, so I thought that was a little odd given Gavin’s weather pedigree.

And they had an extended “exclusive” with Andrew Johns on the Knights chances in the NRL Finals. Well, he IS a network commentator, so I’m not sure why they bothered with “Exclusive” bugs for the whole interview. It looked like it was done in Sydney with Adam Murray on location.

And a “nasty crash” in Newcastle involving a motorbike rider who suffered head injuries in Newcastle was the lead story across Northern NSW - this really should have been in the Newcastle local window.

No live crosses tonight either - but the Central Coast window did get 2 local news reports tonight, and one in sport too.

1 Like

Why does NBN News story selection have to be messy and out of region?

1 Like

Maybe they are gradually trying to reduce the production costs re editing and reordering. It may end up as one northern NSW edition instead of edits for separate windows. It’s getting to the stage where additional stories will be available through online sources like Facebook and one edition for all of northern regions. It’s all about cost cutting

NBN’s Adam Murray and NBN Camera man Ryan Grimshaw flew to Auckland to cover the knights game. I believe TCN sent their own reporter too.

2 Likes

It’s one thing for NBN and Nine for both to be sending their own crews to an incident in Newcastle / Hunter Valley, but New Zealand? Sheesh….

2 Likes

Why does the male newsreader speak like that?

Like what?

1 Like

He speaks too, idk how to describe it, forced? Not like a newsreader, too high, almost like he’s reading the weather sadly or he’s speaking to kids about something bad that has happened to them.

1 Like

For someone who is a meteorologist, he does alright at reading the news.

But he does lack a bit of charisma and is a bit robotic with his delivery at times.

1 Like

A couple of fairly new Central Coast journalists on NBN News now… Bianca Whereat and Amber Griffin… both do a good job.

And in a rarity, three local reports in the Central Coast window tonight (Bianca did two reports).

3 Likes