NBN News On-Air Presentation: 2014-16

First used on February 3, 2014, this is the first On-Air Presentation package for NBN News which was heavily Nine News-inspired although some unique elements remained.

Opener:

Set - final time that one originally dating back to 2002 was heavily modified, before receiving a “hand me down” set from Nine News in August 2017:

Promos:

Rest assured that I’ve still got quite a few caps from this period to go through, so will post images of the other in-bulletin graphics later! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Shame that they canned that set in favour of Nines old one.
This one looks so much more modern.

1 Like

Thanks for posting those.

I always thought there was too much blue in that NBN News set… I do prefer the one they have now (Nine’s old one). I think it has a better balance of colours.

2 Likes

I personally think bringing in the old Nine News set was a step in the right direction for NBN News, but more could’ve been done to make it look more modern on-air such as replacing the wood panels and other more dated elements.

Anyway, here’s Part 2.

Supers/OTS Graphics:

Special Supers:

2015)

OTS Graphics:

Full Screen Graphics (Blue overload, if you ask me!):

Weekend Weather Graphics (weeknight caps with Gav coming soon):

Sometime during the 2nd half of 2015, the presentation of the 7 Day Forecasts were changed to include a full slide for each region including additional rainfall information:

There are probably technical reasons why, but personally I find it odd how the weekend forecasts are more localised than the weeknight forecasts. Also that the weekend forecasts don’t include a look at temperatures around Australia like NBN’s weeknight forecasts do.

Updates:

5 Likes

They seem to contradict themselves here.

They’re prepared to make weekend forecasts more local, but then take out national temps?

Go figure.

2 Likes