FM:
87.6 Faith FM - Mt Wellington
87.8 Pulse FM - Mt Herringback
87.8 Faith FM - Mt Nelson
88.0 Vision Christian Radio - Boronia Hill

AM:
1611 AM - Rete Italia

1 Like

People on this forum who are interested in ongoing discussion about Narrowcast and Narrowband operations around Australia should join the FACEBOOK group @annro Alliance of Narrowcast and Narrowband Radio Operators. We cater for all manner of narrowcasting from the enthusiast spectator to the single licence LPON owner, up to the bigger network owners with coverage in major towns and cities across Australia. Or you can email me at thephilestine@hotmail.com :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you are correct. www.middleeastradio.com.au

1 Like

Morrisett 87.8 is broadcasting 3ABN Radio, and is transmitting from the 3ABN Australia headquarters in Morrisett. Somebody else owns the other 87.8s at the locations you mentioned.

2 Likes

Ah not quite. Noise FM was around until at least 2010 but was bought out by Faith FM / Lifeinfo Media. Noise FMā€™s owner, Nathan Rose, is still active in the LPON sector. He tends to invest in LPONs under his own name these days.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to see that Melbourne Map. I can probably help you with it if you need it.

Iā€™ve driven past that place beforeā€¦looks like an ex-Scout building!

1 Like

Ha ha. No itā€™s a brand new purpose built radio and TV studio and broadcast centre.
Iā€™ve been there too while it was under construction.

1 Like

I mustā€™ve got it mixed up with something else. I checked the site and it looks a hell of a lot better.

1 Like

Yes! Heya
Hobart born but New Norfolk is where I spent most of my days till one day my aunt got scared and sent me to live in a place called Sydney.

New Norfolk Narrowcasts:
87.6: Faith FM
88.0: Vision Radio (Formerly tourist Info)

1 Like

107.9 FM Sydney. Another instance of Islamic broadcaster blatantly (seemingly) flaunting its licence conditions by broadcasting beyond its short term licence period. 13-25 Aug. Being heard this evening August 26th. [Ref. ACMA online register]

3 Likes

Will any of this LPONā€™s get onto the Sydney Dab+ multiplexes?

No.

Ah that was Radio 2ā€™s original plan hoping they would get DAB licences for their off band narrowcast AM licences.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s probably a fair amount of history behind the likes of Radio 2, 2GW, The Goanna and 3XX that will sadly never get a look in, by virtue of their own failings

3 Likes

Iā€™m currently in Daylesford, Victoria and 88.0 was playing Haze FM or something like that. It was a web stream as it was occasionally buffering. Since early this morning it has just been dead air.

3 Likes

This station is on again but sounding very distorted

1 Like

Typical inexperience or tightfistedness of many LPON operators

1 Like

This is the stream it is playing https://www.phazefm.com.au/

2 Likes

Iā€™ve heard of Phaze FM before; they claim a frequency of 104.5 in Horsham but canā€™t see it listed on their site.

1 Like