Narrowcast and AM Narrowband Radio

Any clues in ACMA Radcom database? Will check later.

Would SEN be able to provide a service that complied with the HPON restrictions??

SEN is now on air in Wollongong on 1575- quite a good signal into Bungendore this evening.

1 Like

Were they IDing as “SEN-Track” tonight?
They were on the weekend during the middle of the day/arvo.

SENTrack Perth even has its own logo with the frequency via the SEN app.

1 Like

Probably, as I noticed they were talking about ‘orses.

1 Like

Hello from Norway,
I joined yesterday as I noted a lot of knowledge and interest around Australian narrowcasters. I hope you are able to give some solutions:
My background first, I am a LPAM broadcaster(Northern Star stations) and also longtime AM/FM radio listener, since 2015 on the Arctic SDR, this equipped with a 500 metres beverage antenna and a Kiwi SDR since 2017.
Only yesterday was able to pick up 4RPH Brisbane on 1296 kHz. Have heard quite a number of Australian AM signals now in Northern Norway. Both ABC, commercial and narrowcast.
My theme is today 1620 khz.
Usually we have had Al Kirton’s 4KZ very dominant there, with occasional interference from Sawtalghad Sydney.
4KZ’s relay closed at the end of December 2019, and will be replaced(so we have heard) by a new Vision relay up at Ingham/Taylors Beach.
With 4KZ gone, the channel immediately opened up for other signals and two or three unidentified ones were noted in January, one Italian, and one or two rap and/or dance, Bollywood sounding formats.
As to the Italian, that came in especially well on Arctic SDR January 14th and the ID “Italiana Australia” was noted 1522z. I mistook that for a new outlet of 531 4RTI in Adelaide. This station was also heard on January 2nd and of course the Rete Italia Gold webstream was tested. But not // with that. Checking on the Brisbane Kiwi SDR receiver, I have noted the Italian also there. On January 20th this station was noted again on the Brisbane receiver with this “Italiana Australia”. It went off 2020Z but then a much weaker station came in with the same program-again 1620!
Does any of you have an idea of which operator/station this was, transmitter site, and address for report(email/messenger mail) to engineering and/or company. The reception was quite good almost 15000 kms away and I have a long list of songs to present from a playlist of romantic Italian songs.
Coming to the “rap”/“dance” etc. station/s, there are logs already from January 1st and Jan. 2nd, and one ID was heard several times 1322/1359Z in continuous stream “You are on Net(?)Hit Music radio”. Another listener noted a time check 1400Z as 2am. English(UK)dialect. At least one mp3 recording exists. We know of 3 listeners that heard the mentioned broadcast, This announcement has also been noted on a station in the Melbourne area(Kiwi SDR there)in 2019.
Does any of you have an idea of which operator/station this was, transmitter site, and address for report(email/messenger mail) to engineering and/or company.
As indicated above, there may well be a third station here.
If you are able to give some help here, we’d appreciate that. Brisbane? Sunshine Coast? Gold Coast? Pictures of actual sites? You may also contact me on email svennam at hotmail.com.

6 Likes

87.6 Kurrajong Heights now seems to be broadcasting “Noise FM”. There is also a parallel broadcast of the new 87.8 80s station in Penrith receivable on 87.6 underneath Noise FM, not sure where that is coming from. Around my area 87.6 is a bit of a mish mush now with “NoiseFM” dominant. Ofcourse the Islamic narrowcaster would be under all that somewhere too (it was receivable a few weeks back when Vintage first vacated those frequencies).

2 Likes

What format is Noise FM running?

Think that’s where ‘Noise FM’ started many many years ago…

87.6 Noise fm also dominates the frequency at my location in Stanhope Gardens. They even broadcast In stereo, but the stereo signal is very weak and noisy. If I am receiving it from Kurrajong Heights not bad for a 1.64W service that has a coverage radius of 2-5KM.
I am 35KM but I have perfect LOS to Kurrajong Heights.

I wish Sydney as a whole had a better choice and reception of LPONS.
I am basing this on the setup in Canberra where you have RAW fm ACT wide in stereo with RDS, UCFM,and a couple of other aspirants.

In Sydney i would Like to see the following setup metro wide
87.5 Raw fm
87.7 Noise Fm
87.9- either Voice of Islam / United Christian Broadcasters / Seven Day Adventist’s etc

I would also use odd spacing rather then the current even spacing to avoid interference to 2RDJ on 88.1. At my location the LPON on 88.0 blocks the reception of 88.1 2RDJ.

2 Likes

This is the details for Noise fm Kurrajong Heights
87.6FM: Hawkesbury Nepean Broadcasters,
12 Rain Ridge Rd Kurrajong Heights(1.64W)

I cannot see the transmitter/ tower on google street view.

1 Like

Make that Starter FM :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Make that Starter FM :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

Ok

Just listening to The Beat from Penrith now; they are really pulling out some wowsers. Currently playing Kevin Paige- Don’t Shut Me Out- a Mechie Show and Crap From The Past special.

3 Likes

801 Gosford is back on air again, just playing random songs, no IDs or anything else.

3 Likes

In English?

I can confirm that 801 is back on the air, at my location its a daytime signal and the music playing at the moment is Instrumental, but this morning I think they were playing a song in a Foreign Language.

1 Like

And to @AustralianAerial, I too heard a foreign language song, but also a Joe Satriani song.

So yes, VERY random.

Perhaps the aliens are in charge, and you’re surfing the dial with them?

1 Like

Do you think the BeatFM in Penrith should have some announcers? AirFM did it. Bring em back I say!

1 Like