My Kitchen Rules

Yeah. They were just there because the producers didn’t want to make it too obvious (lol) that they simply brought back every bitch for a bit of drama.

They didn’t need that many to come back in one episode. Should have split it over a couple of challenges.

2 Likes

Jen and Sophia clearly didn’t do their recounts together. Good effort to make it look they did but the overlapping shoulders are a dead give away which gives the impression Sophia is sitting further back than Jen.

3 Likes

I don’t know about that… Jen could be leaning forward slightly…

If you look at the Helen and Vikki pic further up (with the green screen), their shoulders overlap too.

I was thinking that last night when watching, it definitely seemed as though they were added together from two seperate clips. Looked very odd and unnatural compared to all of the others

It was definitely altered. Looked ridiculous.

Why even do it?

1 Like

There was no standout dish from last night. Chris and Cookie tried too hard with their dessert taco while Eve and Jason’s crepes was too simple.

Well that’s because they were let go by The Sunday Times recently, after submitting a restaurant review which was later found to contain falsehoods.

So naturally Seven was going to edit them out as best they could haha.

1 Like

Very close contest between Eve and Jason and Mike and Tarq tonight. Both created excellent entree and main but were let down by their desserts. Mike and Tarq lost the cook-off by 2 points because their take on rice pudding was poor. There is a reason why they should have made the pudding the traditional way.

What is that reason?

1 Like

They had no idea what they were doing or what it should be like - don’t believe Tarq post-elimination twisting it into wanting to do things a ‘no-traditional’ way.

Once again the producers telegraph who goes home with their favourite tactic of having Mike and Tarq continually talking themselves up throughout the episode and saying how well they’d done while making Eve and Jason look inferior in comparison. Thank christ I won’t have to hear Mike call his son dog again.

2 Likes

Or the endless “Dad” jokes.

1 Like

Coles actually boasted on its Twitter account that tonight’s episode was filmed at the West Ryde store. Given the teams cooked their dishes adjacent to the checkout, I expected there would be a large shopping crowd watching, but I was wrong.

@JohnsonTV lt would depend on what day and time it was filmed, obviously it was filmed on a slower trading day.My guess mid week.

Jordan calling his mum Anna is just weird and constantly kissing her,he is really annoying and over the top, Despite that l still think they will make it to the final.

1 Like

Ah, thanks … I wondered which store it was.

That’s why it was so hard for teams to find shoppers who were willing to try their creations. The timing of the challenge (4.30pm to 5.45pm for cooking) didn’t help.

1 Like

Finals week starts next week. And another instant restaurant round incoming?! :unamused:

For the third season in a row there will be a round of ultimate instant restaurant. I think it will air on the week of April 17, with the semi-finals and grand final on the Anzac Day week.
I was dumbfounded why Rosie and Paige designed to create giant meatballs and had one meatball per plate?
Did anyone notice that Seven held on to judges’ critiques of the second dessert dish until the final segment where they were shown briefly? I first saw it on Monday night’s cook-off and had to go to the MKR website to watch the comments in full.

This is dragging on too much now. I think they need to make these current weeks of eliminations, a bit shorter in future. Last week when they had four teams go into sudden death cook-offs, they should have done a double elimination to speed things up.

To build suspense.