My first TV - and other museum pieces

A USB-C port? Very futuristic :laughing:

As new. Didn’t even make it out of the plastic wrapping when I removed them from the box the TV came in seven years ago.

3 Likes

My trusty Panasonic HD plasma is still working perfectly today. It was bought by my family in 2009 to replace the Loewe TV, which in turn was bought by my father in mid 1993 at Encel Stereo showroom at Bridge Road, Richmond in inner Melbourne, which had since closed. At the time, Encel was the sole Victorian distributor for the German brand. The Loewe was the second TV at my place, the first was a Hitachi.

2 Likes

I had to get a new AV Receiver this weekend. During the installation, there was still some legacy cabling left from previous connections that wasn’t in used but it reminded me of how much more complicated it used to connect devices over now where everything uses an HDMI connection.

The first connections used just red, white and yellow RCA cables for audio L and R plus video. Then they improved the video with a 5 pin S (separate) connector. Then were cables that 3 colours for the video cable so there were 5 cables. Then there was the SCART connector.

Then of course you had to have “adaptors” to connect SCART devices to ones with just RCA of S-video. And of course then there was the optical cable for audio.

It was a good to have cable ties to keep every somewhat organised.

2 Likes