Music

He must have been thinking out loud.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Maybe they need to be better?

It’s more than that though. They are fighting an uphill battle when they can’t cut through to be heard. Aussie artists often sell out venues when they perform live but won’t get played on radio. It’s ridiculous.

Korean artists are having more success on the Australian charts than Aussies. I think the Australian government should create something like the Korean government did with its Korean Culture Ministry which in the past ten years has seen an explosion of success in music, movies, tv shows and games.

4 Likes

Well you can’t do something like Cancon where you mandate a percentage of all media comes from within. I know we have something similar here but it’s rarely enforced.

Try to enforce that on a streaming service and either they’ll up the prices to ensure we follow said content, OR they’ll pull out of the country.

One thing that MIGHT help is to make the 20% quotas apply in each of the 6 hourly blocks eg. 20% in each of 6am-12pm, 12pm - 6pm etc so that it can’t be dumped into late nights like Triple M does.

2 Likes

Sadly, they’re all doing that. Nova, KIIS, 2Day.

2 Likes

There will probably be a future pretty soon where we generate our own music via AI, so ‘real’ artists may become a thing of the past to a degree.

1 Like

We’ll have a virtual @Radiohead performing songs about how awesome I am. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Which will last about 5 seconds! :rofl:

1 Like

It’s AI - we can stretch virtual you to 3-4 minutes.

Found this gem - Dr. Talk by Jerry Springer - the full album!

Surprised that Kylie performed on American Idol.

2 Likes

Her most notable song in Australia is “Better Days” on which she’s featured with NEIKED and Polo G.

Give it a few months and radio stations here might start picking up “I Wrote a Song”, which I also really like.

1 Like
4 Likes

I saw this ‘discless’ music box at JB Hi Fi the other day - Lorde’s new album ‘Solar Power’.

First time I’ve seen something like this to NOT include a CD (or DVD).

At $31.99, it’s nearly double the price of the album on iTunes ($16.99).

For your other $15, you get a fold out poster, card set and 2 extra songs not on the iTunes album version.

But in store (as below), it looks a bit too much like a CD… even though it’s got labels on it saying there is no CD, they probably should have made it a different size to make it look less like a CD.

1 Like
1 Like

Olivia Rodrigo will be releasing new music very soon.

https://twitter.com/oliviarodrigo/status/1668652396388700160

Given the commercial success both her debut single “drivers license” and album “Sour” achieved worldwide I would not be surprised if this hits #1 in Australia.