Music

Placebo has a great cover of that song.

2 Likes

Delta Goodrem will be a support act for Backstreet Boys on their world tour in the North America.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Now that “Running Up That Hill” is #2 on the ARIA chart, it will be interesting to see whether radio starts playing it.

That’s what happened with Fleetwood Mac’s “Dreams” after it became popular on TikTok. I guess the difference is that “Dreams” has long been a radio staple, but I’ve rarely (if ever) heard “Running Up That Hill” on commercial stations.

1 Like

It has been played on both Nova and KIIS.

2 Likes

Wow, it has indeed. And apparently on Smooth 95.3 as well.

1 Like

Running up the hill #2 sold 9182 copies made up of 1190 digital & 7992 streaming sales

It’s about the only song of hers I can stand.

4KQ often play Running up That Hill - it actually ranked higher in Brisbane than Wuthering Heights and was 380th or so in the top 1,000 list they play each year.

The highest position was #8, first time around, but Kate Bush hits #1 now.

4 Likes

The music conglomerate announced on Wednesday that Australian music executive Vanessa Picken will take over the top job starting in September.

Ms Picken, who is currently based in Los Angeles, will relocate to Sydney for the role.

1 Like

The ARIA Charts were dominated by Australian success stories today as Jimmy Barnes, the artist with the most #1 albums in ARIA Chart history, beat out Drake to debut at #1 with Soul Deep 30 ; while Japanese-Australian artist Joji reached a new career peak at #1 on the Singles Chart with Glimpse of Us.

2 Likes

4 Likes
1 Like

Perth indie rock band Spacey Jane has replaced Jimmy Barnes at the top of ARIA albums chart.

1 Like

“Glimpse of Us” by Joji is certainly one of the better chart hits that I’ve heard recently.

Very nice ballad with great production - eg. not full of annoying autotune.

2 Likes

Hello all! First post here!
Love my music- have a ton of CDs (as I’m old and believe in physical media).

Been following the Sea of Tranquility YouTube channel’s Pete Pardo’s current daily topic of great bands formed after 2000. Rival Sons has been the best so far. Also Norwegian band Wobbler was also pretty amazing (despite the silly name).

1 Like