Music

We’ll have a virtual @Radiohead performing songs about how awesome I am. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Which will last about 5 seconds! :rofl:

1 Like

It’s AI - we can stretch virtual you to 3-4 minutes.

Found this gem - Dr. Talk by Jerry Springer - the full album!

Surprised that Kylie performed on American Idol.

2 Likes

Her most notable song in Australia is “Better Days” on which she’s featured with NEIKED and Polo G.

Give it a few months and radio stations here might start picking up “I Wrote a Song”, which I also really like.

1 Like
4 Likes

I saw this ‘discless’ music box at JB Hi Fi the other day - Lorde’s new album ‘Solar Power’.

First time I’ve seen something like this to NOT include a CD (or DVD).

At $31.99, it’s nearly double the price of the album on iTunes ($16.99).

For your other $15, you get a fold out poster, card set and 2 extra songs not on the iTunes album version.

But in store (as below), it looks a bit too much like a CD… even though it’s got labels on it saying there is no CD, they probably should have made it a different size to make it look less like a CD.

1 Like
1 Like

Olivia Rodrigo will be releasing new music very soon.

https://twitter.com/oliviarodrigo/status/1668652396388700160

Given the commercial success both her debut single “drivers license” and album “Sour” achieved worldwide I would not be surprised if this hits #1 in Australia.

His third studio album What Ifs & Maybes dropped today. It features radio favourites “Remind Me” and “All These Nights”, while “How Does It Feel” will be featured on So Fresh: The Hits of Winter 2023 which drops on June 30.

1 Like

Minogue is now tied with Diana Ross, Cher, and Lulu as one of only four female solo artists to have scored UK top 10 singles across five consecutive decades.

4 Likes

Really hope Bebe Rexha is ok after that scare. From what I heard she got some stitches over her left eye (I think it was).

Later she posted on Instagram confirming she was ok, with the caption “I’m good”.

2 Likes

Taylor Swift is touring Australia in February 2024, however she will only perform in Melbourne and Sydney.

5 Likes

And only a few days later, Ava Max got attacked by a fan who jumped onto the stage while she was performing “The Motto” towards the end of her LA show.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/he-slapped-me-so-hard-singer-ava-max-speaks-out-after-being-assaulted-on-stage-by-male-fan/news-story/4b6185385edac5e07984d5ea1dc0898f

1 Like

Almost no one was surprised by the surprise appearance of The Foo Fighters at Glastonbury. They had been billed as The Churnups.

1 Like
3 Likes

Fall Out Boy has released an updated version of the Billy Joel classic We Didn’t Start The Fire, complete with events from the past 34 years.

A little gripe I have with it is it’s not in chronological order like the original version, but I can see what they did. Still great nonetheless.

3 Likes