Murder Uncovered

Most likely.

Not that they’ll tell us that.

Expect promos to start airing for it from tomorrow “a special episode” or something

Hmmm I really hope it doesn’t affect the trial. Too often does the media get involved in current cases which can jeopardise results in criminal trials.

Next Monday’s broadcast delayed.

Next week’s edition of Murder Uncovered, Two Weddings and 29 Funerals, scheduled to air on Monday night has been withdrawn for legal reasons.

The program has been rescheduled for Monday 27 March at 9pm

2 Likes

Seven tries to sneak in the gangland episode but is caught.

1 Like

They need to stop fucking with the justice system. Wait for the trail to be over. The amount of misjustice that occurs because the media gets involved is ridiculous and I hope the courts start slapping them with bigger fines. $300,000 obviously wasn’t enough.

2 Likes

That actually raises the question as to whether we might find something similar happen later in the year with the Blue Murder Sequel. Even though the trial is over in NSW, etc, evidence by the people involved may be called upon for other trials / inquiries. So there’s a possibility we might get an edited version when it airs in Sydney (or have what happened with the original years ago).

1 Like

The Age reports Victorian Supreme Court judge Stephen Kaye last month asked Channel Seven not to broadcast the gangland episode in Victoria, out of concern the program might prejudice jurors involved in the murder trial for Stephen Asling, who was charged with murdering Graham “The Munster” Kinniburgh. Last Saturday Asling was found guilty of murder.

2 Likes

Tonight’s Melbourne gangland episode is 2 hours long according to EPG, finishing at 11.12pm. Looks like Seven has so much to cover. Michael Usher did a new intro explaining the episode was delayed during to the trial I mentioned above.

1 Like

10:41pm [AEDT] & not even up to the latest Moran death yet (2009/2010 I believe) :sleepy:

Returns for a second season in 2018.

2 Likes

:thinking:

1 Like

Statement on Murder Uncovered

Seven today confirmed that it would not be proceeding with a new series of Murder Uncovered.

Commenting, Craig McPherson, Seven’s Director of News and Public Affairs, said: “It is never easy to decide not to proceed with a programme but unfortunately, we have had to make a tough call in these tough times.

“Murder Uncovered set the benchmark in the true crime genre thanks to an extraordinarily talented team. I wish each and every one of them, the very best. It was a great programme and I thank them all for their work.”

As announced at Seven West Media’s annual results and at the company’s annual general meeting, Seven West Media is undertaking a series of initiatives to streamline its business and reduce costs, as is the case across the media sector.

2 Likes

Damn.

If they wanted to cut costs, I’d be happy to provide them with a list of shows they could cut…

6 Likes

That is annoying. I quite enjoyed this show.

1 Like

See

2 Likes

Murder Uncovered has become one of few TV shows which have been axed over costs, not because of poor ratings.

2 Likes

Matt Doran seems to be filming something similar over the last few months… so I guess we just watch this space.

2 Likes

That is sad news, really enjoyed the show and it rated well.

On a similar theme, was Million Dollar Cold Case just a one off? Or may it too return? Also rated pretty well (sponsored by Victoria Police).

1 Like

Next Wednesday (January 31) at 9pm Seven will show a one-hour special on the latest investigation in the disappearance of the Beaumont children in Adelaide. It was done by the Murder Uncovered team.

1 Like

The Sunday Telegraph reports Mark Llewellyn quietly left Seven on Friday, March 9, four months after his Murder Uncovered show was axed.