MTV channels

The MTV Australia facebook page also had a post about Australian Survivor the other day, also mentioning that it’s on 7.30pm that night. I thought it was strange for MTV Aus to advertise Survivor. 10s MTV Australia must not be far away.

2 Likes

They’ve posted a couple of times about Survivor, though given MTV is more of an entertainment brand it’s not as unusual as a blatant cross promotion with an MTV promo posted to a 10 multichannel’s Instagram account.

Until late last year the MTV Australia on Twitter sometimes posted about Married at First Sight. That has now stopped.

https://twitter.com/search?q=mtvAustralia%20mafs&s=09

1 Like

One of the posts though specifically mentioned watching it at 7.30pm tonight. That’s a bit different to just posting a meme or random comment about it.

1 Like

Renewed for 4th season

Great news! Look forward to having MTV Classic back!

Didn’t Foxtel have MTV CLassic already?

Fetch has MTV, MTV Classic, MTV Music, MTV Dance.

It did years ago but doesn’t now.

2 Likes

The news articles are misleading, implying that all the channels are new.

1 Like

Not for a while. It began on Foxtel in 2010 when VH1 was rebranded to MTV Classic. But in 2013 it was replaced with MTV Dance. Apparently it was because it clashed with Max’s target audience.

2 Likes

With Snooki not returning I thought it might be the right time to end the show. PlusI don’t know how Angelina could possibly be involved after the wedding drama. She wasn’t one posting about it returning either like the others so she might not be back. I wonder if they can convince Snooki to have a supporting or guest role at any point.

MTV Video Music Awards - 30 August (US Time)

4 Likes

MTV Australia Launches New Music Channel Collection

MTV Australia today launched the new collection of music channels with a lineup that covers every music style.

The expanded portfolio of music channels will feature MTV HITS , Club MTV , MTV Classic and CMT (Country Music Television) .

The new channels are set to celebrate even more of the music audiences love, with curated music blocks for rock and pop, contemporary and country, charts and dance, R&B, easy listening and the all-time classics.

Programmed locally, the MTV and CMT branded channels will continue to be curated specifically for Australian audiences to enjoy premium entertainment experiences.

The launch of the new music channel collection is the continuation of MTV Australia’s evolving music strategy and commitment to supporting local and international talent and content on the world stage.

The recent investment in new music initiatives has showcased Australian artists in original local productions of: MTV Unplugged Melbourne , TRL Australia , Call & Response , Yo!MTV Raps , MTV Stripped , MTV Upload and It’s a Mood .

MTV HITS , Club MTV , MTV Classic and CMT will be available on Foxtel from July 1. And the MTV music collection will be available on Fetch from July 1.

MTV HITS
The chart-toppers, award-winners and stadium-fillers from Australia and across the globe. A non-stop music festival of the hottest hits right now.

Club MTV
The club scene curated into a channel that never sleeps. The ultimate dance party where the beats are endless R&B,Hip Hop and Dance hits.

MTV Classic
Since 1981 MTV has been the home of Music TV. MTV Classic immerses itself in that proud heritage. From Aussie Icons to the global supergroups and superstars of the 80s, 90s and naughties.

CMT
Country Music Television featuring the best in country music from Nashville to Tamworth and everywhere in between.

4 Likes

Why is it Club MTV and not MTV Club like the rest of the brands?

Wonder why we are using the current look MTV branding for Classic, Hits and Club MTV while the UK is still using the previous look. I prefer less yellow though, I think the channels need their own colour for the logo and the lower third strap.

2 Likes

Regrettably doesn’t seem to be the same as the original MTV classic.

Minimal variety in music, not much local content and poor production values

2 Likes

Agree, I’m hoping it improves over time.

1 Like