Video

3 Likes

this looks quite good

1 Like

Something different for 10, nice.

1 Like

Meet Mr. Black.

He’s No Mr. Right.

48-year-old Mr. Black (Stephen Curry) is a retired, old-school sports journalist, whose mortality is staring him in the face.

Mr. Black has a disease that is eroding his bones. He walks with a stick and rides an electric scooter.

He has lived a full life, but has no intention of going gently into the night – especially when there’s so much to be angry about.

And now because of his failing health, he is forced to move in with his daughter Angela and her sensitive boyfriend Fin, to receive extra care.

Game on! As far as Mr. Black ’s concerned, Fin is soft and will have to go, so he joyfully sets about dismantling the new-age twenty-something.

What unfolds is a hilarious and relentless psychological arm-wrestle between a proud gen x-er and a bemused millennial where the winner gets to share a house with Angela and the loser moves out to never darken their doorstop again.

Created by multi award-winning writer, actor and producer Adam Zwar ( Wilfred , Agony series), Mr. Black is a new Australian comedy series also starring Nadine Garner ( The Doctor Blake Mysteries ), Nick Russell ( Winners & Losers ), Sophie Wright ( Kinky Boots ) and Paul Denny ( Lowdown ).

2 Likes

Mr. Black

Premieres Tuesday 7 May At 8.30pm On 10 And WIN Networks.

Get ready for the hilarious new comedy, Mr. Black , when it premieres on 10 and WIN Networks on Tuesday, 7 May at 8.30pm.

Stephen Curry plays 48-year-old Mr. Black. A recently retired, old-school sports journalist, whose mortality is staring him in the face.

He has lived a full life, but has no intention of going gently into the night – especially when there’s so much to be angry about.

And now because of his failing health, he is forced to move in with his daughter Angela and her sensitive boyfriend Fin, to receive extra care.

It’s game on when Mr. Black thinks everything is wrong with his daughter’s Mr. Right, and he will stop at nothing to come between them. The ailing father strives to fulfil one last wish – to break up the relationship between his daughter and her boyfriend in this generational tug of war.

What unfolds is a hilarious and relentless psychological arm-wrestle between a proud GenXer and a bemused Millennial where the winner gets to share a house with Angela, and the loser moves out to never darken their doorstop again.

This hilarious eight-part series is created by multi award-winning writer, actor and producer Adam Zwar ( Wilfred , Agony ) with a stellar cast including Nadine Garner ( The Doctor Blake Mysteries ), Nick Russell ( Winners & Losers ), Sophie Wright ( Kinky Boots ) and Paul Denny ( Lowdown ).

Mr. Black is a CJZ production for Network 10, with principal production investment from Screen Australia in association with Film Victoria.

1 Like

I like this timeslot for Australian drama. 7 seems to have abandoned Australian drama altogether so 10 should jump into that timeslot. I would even put Five Bedrooms there when it is ready to go.

2 Likes

It’s a comedy.

Australian comedy/drama. You get the point. Probably would have been a good slot for How to Stay Married.

I second this.

Ok, i don’t have time to watch it right now but I just checked out the first 5 mins and it was great, definitely a show I think I can get behind.
Hope it does well.

1 Like
1 Like

Quite enjoyed that first episode. We saw s lot of the scenes in the promos. It’ll be interesting to see where it goes from here.

Encores:
Wed 10.20pm Bold
Fri 9.30pm Ten

Is tonight two episodes joined together or a one hour season final?

Definitely two. Episodes 7 and 8 of Season 1.

The first one was probably the funniest one of the whole season.

1 Like

From this TV Tonight article:

CJZ’s current drama is 10’s Melbourne-made whodunnit My Life is Murder, which follows from comedy series Mr. Black, currently in development for a second season.

4 Likes

For those who may not remember Nick’s early work

1 Like