Movies on TV

Think I’ll chuck this on the DVR and take out the ads, it’s free after all :slight_smile: Didn’t see this at the cinemas, at first the trailer/TV spots didn’t grab me as it is different, but thriller is my favourite genre and mystery/suspense arguably my favourite sub-genre within, also must see this before the latest sequel at the cinemas very soon. It’s gained a word of mouth and cult following, it was praised by most and did well.

“Suspensful” hmmm.

1 Like

It’s funny, that’s also what I first think of when I think Emily Blunt, but I don’t think it was her debut was it? She was so good in that role, everyone was, Streep, Hathaway, Tucci. Remember when 10 premiered it to something like 1.5m metro at the start of 2009 and would re-run it like every second week, become a running joke!

1 Like

Back in the schedule:

Seven/7Mate: 12 June at 7:30 pm Alita: Battle Angel (2019)

Previously scheduled for Saturday 17 April.

2 Likes

They fixed the typo by Friday (take no notice of the watermark, it was not part of the broadcast)

2 Likes

Yep, just saw an extended 7mate promo on 7flix here for “every Saturday on 7mate” (probably market specific) “before Fast & Furious 9 crashes into cinemas”. And transitioned through the titles, looks like they still have old NBC-U rights to a lot (all except the recent few and 2006’s Tokyo Drift - although that has aired before on Seven).

update Fast and Furious @TV.Cynic

Late from Seven, but they’ve given in to Nine, guides now showing F&F 1 and 2 are gone from Saturday, will now both air tonight on 7mate nationally (despite promos as recent as last night saying Saturday and main channel in some markets).

edit:
And In Perth tonight there’s live WAFL, so the first one is pushed out to 9pm local, the 2nd one will presumably air on another channel / night. With FTA premiere The Other Side of the Door (which was scheduled on the weekend late on 7flix or something) will instead air late in Perth on 7mate tonight.

As for War for the Planet of the Apes it’s moved from tonight to later Saturday (I also mentioned it’s underperforming ratings in a comment the other day).

The Devil Wears Prada now the earlier movie on Saturday.

Not sure what all this means for promos, guides and EPGs.

1 Like

Seven / 7Mate
Saturday 19 June 10:10 pm Super Troopers 2 (2018)

Nine
Saturday 19 June 8:40 pm Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (2019)

2 Likes

I think Seven will end up removing F&F5 from that Saturday (as seen this weekend although was done rather late), I reckon Seven thought they worked out Nine’s run of F&F movies would be done by then, but didn’t factor in them getting the rights already to premiere 2019’s latest movie Hobs and Shaw. Let’s see…

1 Like

2 Likes

I think this has aired on Nine for a couple of years now.

They have. Ridley Scott’s The Martian starring Matt Damon will air instead.

Nine has a couple of movies new to the network on Friday 18 June in AFL markets. 50/50 (2012) may be an FTA premiere

ALso for Ni ne on Saturday 26 June at 8:40pm Hunter Killer (2018)

2 Likes

It aired a couple of times on SBS in 2018.

Think this was previously scheduled around the time of Prince Philip’s death and was victim to lots of program changes.

1 Like

another update

Tonight’s five city scheduled encore of Disney-Marvel’s Captain America on 7mate has been moved to tomorrow night (saw a promo) due to tonight’s AFL. Which means “Military Monday’s” is out (at least for a week).

:thinking:

Sorry, possibly incorrect terminology, but it did air a couple of weeks ago on the main channel (I think there was an article a few years back where someone at a network said they get a free or cheaper run if they replay the same title within a short time frame - you see this happen all the time every week). :slight_smile:

I was gonna say, it seems to air on Seven/Mate every few months…

1 Like

Yeah, I wonder if they’re at the back-end of their previous deal with Disney (which was done around the time Disney bought Lucasfilm and Seven also got rights to Star Wars from 10 - previously Fox, was it 2015? 10 still had a year or two left of Fox before it was terminated, coincidently Seven then also signed Fox). As Seven don’t seem to air heaps of Walt Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilm titles as they were a few years ago, they’re more Touchstone, et al now.

In 2018 I think it was, they had a great run, 7mate on Sundays was doing 200k+ metro and 6%+ shares weekly and almost the entire MCU was airing. But now, you’re right, they’re just replaying the same title over and over again.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Disney have changed their global agreements, to try and protect Disney+ And since this platform launched, it alone would’ve hurt Seven’s Marvel etc airings a bit too.

Seen at the end of Nine’s censored copy of For Your Eyes Only (it was after the full end credits but before the shorter MGM end-tag)

Not sure if this was meant to air.

4 Likes