Movies on TV

Of course that original Star Wars movie should not have the News Corp version of the 20th Century Fox logo. I hate movies being changed.

2 Likes

Yeah I noticed that too.

2 Likes

So you hate the “Special” Editions of the original Star Wars trilogy, right?

Yes, as the originals were perfect.

2 Likes

Seven and Nine airing ‘horror’ promos.

Seven’s for Simpsons Treehouse of Horror marathon tomorrow night and IT FTA premiere Thursday (Halloween) night both on 7mate.

Nine’s for a selection of old spooky movies on 9Go! over both nights.
(NB/ they technically incorrectly said they’ll be airing The Addams Family, but SBS currently have rights and are airing it, 9Go! are instead airing sequel Addams Family Values )

From Lionsgate, starring Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay.

Licenced to Nine by Roadshow.

For fans of older movies 9Gem has mad a last minute change to the post Rugby League movie to THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN RIDE.

2 Likes

7flix will show The Shining, the 1980 horror movie starring Jack Nicholson, at 9pm tonight, ahead of the release of its sequel Doctor Sleep in cinemas tomorrow.

1 Like

“Here’s Johnny!” :scream:

1 Like

Episode VII of Star Wars series is on Seven

Friday 22 November
08:30 PM Movie: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

2 Likes

Nine should thank Seven for airing Star Wars: The Force Awakens next week, as it means fans will be able to watch all eight movies (so far) on FTA.

Timed to coincide with the release of Frozen II in cinemas on November 28. It could also be the last time Frozen airs on Seven.

2 Likes

I thought Nine were premiering this, or did I just imagine that?

Nine is premiering The Last Jedi.

Whoops, I forgot The Force Awakens has actually already premiered (hence Seven’s rights from their previous Disney deal). Premiered in November 2017 but hadn’t aired since earlier last year.

1 Like

War for The Planet of the Apes (2017) FTA premiere

Maze Runner 2: The Scorch Trials (2015)
“for the first time on 7”

20191116_224021
(Previously premiered on 10 in 2017 right before their Fox output was terminated)

3 Likes

Quite a few FTA movie premieres on Nine next week.
Tuesday 26 November - Thor: Ragnarok (from Disney)
Friday 29 November - The Mummy (2017) starring Tom Cruise (from Universal)
Saturday 30 November - Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (from Sony) -> the sequel The Next Level will be released in cinemas on Boxing Day.

Big get for Nine, been wondering all year who’d get rights. Was theatrically released here at the end of 2017. This’ll rate massive, it was so good and surprised many for a remake of the original Robin Williams classic. Huge box office, critical acclaim and public loved it.

1 Like

Star Wars: The Last Jedi - ‘Network Premiere’ Promo:

3 Likes

Note the last screencap. Nine up to its old tricks again, splitting the movie into 2 parts for classification purposes.

2 Likes