Movies on TV

“Kingdom of Heaven” (2005) returns to Seven

NB/ FTA premiere was on Seven on Sunday 16 September 2007 under their old 20C Fox output (which had just expired to 10, who ended up airing it a few years later).

3 Likes

“The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel” network premiere “over two Fridays”

2 Likes

Seems an odd fit for 7mates audience.

1 Like

It’s for ratings strategy. It’s designed for the main channel (Sydney, Brisbane and Perth) but because of AFL in Melvourne and Adelaide the Friday and Saturday night movies are always on 7mate (no matter the movie).

That way, a 5 city number can still be produced.

2 Likes

“Ice Age 4” network premiere (last aired on September 2 2017 on Eleven)

2 Likes

7mate airing the Alien movies every Sunday from Sunday week, last on the network under their old 20C Fox output around 2009.

FTA premiere. From Paramount.

Network premiere on Nine. From Disney.

Last aired on Seven on Saturday February 22, 2014.

FTA premiere… 13 years later :thinking: And on Seven whose Disney rights have expired. So old it even pre-dates the current Disney opening logo (which launched not long after this with a Pirates sequel IIRC)!

Update

So, upon doing some more quick searching, turns out it’s not a FTA premiere (even though Seven and online guide said “premiere”). Looks to have aired multiple times, looks like premiere was around 2009/2010 (below newspaper clipping from 2010), but hasn’t aired in years:

6 Likes

That’s some good work Sully, you’ll make Sergeant.

1 Like

LOL

As lame as it sounds, I remember when I was in primary school and randomly figured out that Seven had the rights to Disney movies and Nine had the rights to WB movies with TEN being the one I couldn’t really figure out Paramount I think?

I don’t know why but I was proud of myself for figuring it out? Weird I know. I had no idea how TV worked but noticed a pattern in what they were airing.

3 Likes

FTA premiere, from Nine’s deal with Roadshow who distributed the movie in Australia.

Another FTA premiere, first Pirates of the Caribbean title to debut on Nine, and a box office flop too.

2 Likes

9Go! aired the Walt Disney remake of “Freaky Friday” the other night.
The 2003 version premiered in October 2005 on Seven:

Also, speaking of Pirates of the Caribbean, does anyone have rights to the franchise, haven’t seen any of them air in a long time?

The one aired on 9GO the other night was actually a cheap 2018 version that screened exclusively for The Disney Channel as a Direct to TV Movie.

3 Likes

Yes, that’s what I was meaning

1 Like

Oh right. Your post isn’t very clear.

You said remake and then posted a video of the Lindsay Lohan remake version.

Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

Don’t apologise, all good

1 Like

“Armageddon” (1998) airing this Thursday on 7mate has been on Seven since it’s FTA premiere in July 2001. From Buena Vista TV (Disney).

2 Likes

The Lion King Promo:

5 Likes

Seven used to air this movie just about every week, though not since around 2013 IIRC

1 Like

It actually took 17 years for Seven to air it on TV, it had it’s ‘premiere’ on March 10, 2012. So it really only had a few runs on Seven.

9 Likes