Movies on TV

3 Likes

Why wouldn’t it be? Those are the additional credits for the full restoration of the earlier films in the series in the early 00s

1 Like

Nothing wrong with airing them, just surprised they actually left them in for broadcast that’s all, looks rather ‘technical’ I guess. You see similar at the end of global streaming services too.

I think these were seen in Australia in the “Ultimate Edition” (2 discs) DVDs released in 2006.

Not sure what versions Seven aired in (I think it was 2010), they had old/original versions of the Brosnan movies (when 10 had the others up until the early 2000s), but then after a few years of no network airing the pre-Goldeneye Bond movies Seven aired them all, before gradually losing them all to Nine in the mid-2010s.

The restoration workers are being credited for their work on the version of the film you’ve watched. Short of editing the original credits to include them, there’s not really a way around it.

If you mean the cast credits for the various non-English audio tracks, then that’s not similar at all.

3 Likes

edit

Haven’t seen this for a while, polarised critics and a strange timeslot or choice at least for 10. Originally titled Evil Angels.

In case anyone needs a reminder: “The dingo’s got my baby!” [Streep, attempting the hard Aussie accent]

Fair enough :slight_smile:

Yes I did mean those, but not what it’s for per sé, more the ‘technical look’ of them (IMO just look very bland and technical, non-sexy :joy:). But I’m getting into semantics here I guess.

1 Like

In a late change, this aired in Melbourne last night on 7flix, so doubtful this will air on 7mate this Friday night now, probably something else (unless they just decide to air it again but they usually don’t do this).

Wonder if it’s from a non-ANZ distributor? Wiki says “Evil Angels” was the title used in ANZ.

Bumped from the schedule.

1 Like

A rare 7flix FTA premiere and promo

2 Likes

It only premiered in 2009? I feel like it was earlier than that but it might be down to how often they were showing for a few years. 10 had a few movies they would trot out every couple of months back then School of Rock and Mean Girls would get several airings back in that late-00s time frame as well.

3 Likes

I think it was January 2009 (recall a promo and the ratings for that are also publicly available on TVT if you search meticulously enough and would back that up).

@Zampakid or one of our other astute MS video archivists might be able to shed more light though? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess 2009 makes sense since it usually takes about 3 years for a movie to premiere on TV here.

Monday 2nd of February to be exact.

Screenshot (28)

2 Likes

Eh, knew I was in the ball park on both accounts :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Thanks for that Zampa!

1 Like

Tonight at 10pm, Ten airs a movie called “A Cry in the Dark”. Why did they decide to call it by its “international name”, and not by “Evil Angels”, which is the correct title in Australia, Odd.

1 Like

I see 7 now have the rights to Space Jam which I am fairly sure has always been with 9 or at least whenever I have seen it on TV it has been on 9 or more recently 9Go.

1 Like

Nine: Saturday 24 July at 8:30 pm Bumblebee (2018)

1 Like

In and out of the schedule like a yoyo

1 Like

Space Jam is distributed by Warner Bros and Nine had the WB output deal for 20+ years.

Seven now has an el-cheapo version of that output deal ,so many of those movies that aired on Nine for all those years are now on Seven.

1 Like

They don’t have it any more do they? I know they lost the Harry Potter rights a few years back and they were regular viewing on the 9 channels.