Monday 3 April 2023

Probably due to its abysmal lead in… The news

we’ll be doing it again tomorrow…

4 Likes

Again, we’ve been through this. Move on.

4 Likes

The second episode of I’m A Celebrity usually drops by around 100k or more from the opener last year it was 120k.

2 Likes

Celeb have a chance the next couple nights to push Sydney’s numbers. Melbourne is doing the heavy lifting at the moment.

1 Like

7flix beaten by 7Bravo last night, looks like loss of The Simpsons is hurting already and Bondi Vet not showing much (yet)

2 Likes

How could we be discussing Celebrity dropping by 100K yesterday when it hadn’t happened yet??

I would be interested if TV.Cynic could give us the figures for the second episode last year and how that compares with last night’s 465,000

From Nine:

PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS:

• Married at First Sight was the no.1 program last night across 5 City Metro, Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane with all key demos
  • Married at First Sight was the no.1 program last night in Adelaide and Perth with people 25-54, 16-39 and GS + CH
  • Married at First Sight won its timeslot winner across all Australian cities with all key demos
  • Nine takes out the top 5 programs live streamed yesterday against all broadcasters, with the Married at First Sight Finale leading the way at #1
  • The final episode of MAFS achieved the highest ever Live BVOD Audience at 182,000 (+3% on last year’s Finale)
  • ACA smashed its timeslot across 5 City Metro, East Coast, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide with Total People
  • ACA recorded its highest ever Live BVOD Audience of 71,000 (+6% YoY)
  • RPA dominated its timeslot across all Australian cities with Total People
  • 9News won its timeslot in Sydney with people 25-54 and 16-39
  • TODAY won its breakfast slot across East Coast, Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane with people 25-54
  • TODAY Extra won its timeslot across East Coast, Sydney and Brisbane with Total People

From 10:

Network 10 (10 + 10 Bold + 10 Peach + 10 Shake):

• #2 network in under 50s and 25s to 54s.
  • 10: #2 channel in under 50s and 25s to 54s.
  • 10 Peach: #1 multi-channel in its key demo of 16 to 39s.

I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!

• #2 entertainment show in under 50s, 25 to 54s and 16 to 39s.
  • Live stream viewers, up 22% compared with the same episode in 2022.
  • #2 in its timeslot.
  • #2 in its timeslot in under 50s, 25 to 54s and 16 to 39s.
  • Series: Achieves biggest live stream audience ever.
  • Series: Live stream audience up 35% compared with 2022 series average.

Would I Lie To You? Australia:

• Biggest overnight audience of the season.
  • Up 20% in 25 to 54s on previous episode and 16% in under 50s.
  • Live stream viewers up 85% compared with the same episode in 2022.
  • #2 in its timeslot.
  • Series: Achieves biggest live stream audience ever.
  • Series: Live stream audience up 43% compared with 2022 series average.

Or you could look it up yourself and tell us.

4 Likes

you know I’m referring to you bringing up the scheduling of the opening night against MAFS

2 Likes

Nine had an easy win in all markets with +30% shares across the board. 10 was second in 15-54 with Seven second in 16-39.

However, 7 Bravo demo shares are less than its total people shares with 7Flix ahead.

Outside the top 20 included.

23 Seven HIGHWAY PATROL-EP.2
26 ABC Q+A-LE
27 Seven SUNRISE
29 Nine TODAY
35 Nine NINE NEWS LATE -MON
38 SBS SBS WORLD NEWS
40 Seven M- CRAZY RICH ASIANS
51 Nine FOOTY CLASSIFIED
56 10 GHOSTS
60 SBS BRITAIN BY BEACH
123 Seven THE LATEST: SEVEN NEWS

100% Footy - shockingly bad results

Sydney 92nd
Brisbane 152nd

Footy Classified
Mel 24th
Ade 38th
Per 59th

Breakfast saw Sunrise 20k ahead of Today that was 55k ahead of News B.

Syd S > T > N
Mel T > S > N
Bri T > S > N
Ade S > N > T
Per S > T > N

3 Likes

I believe the equivalent episode of Celebrity last year was around the 610K figure but I will await confirmation

Lol from OZtam?

The second episode of I’m a Celebrity last year pulled 634,000.

2 Likes

I’m A Celeb comes second in its slot across the 90 minute run, and that’s still not good enough?

You want the show to launch next week against the first nights of Lego Masters and Farmer Wants a Wife instead? And rate even less that what it did this week?

1 Like

Thanks JohnsonTV

So Channel Ten lost about 169,000 viewers last night beacuse of their stupidity

They are going to have to do something to keep viewers hooked. Maybe if they throw in Dom’s arch enemy Olivia as an intruder? That’d spice things up a bit.

Overnight figures:
2022 MAFS FINALE: 1,207,000
2023 MAFS FINALE: 1,066,000
MAFS lost 141,000 viewers from last year.

What’s your point exactly with I’m A Celebrity, when just about everything is down from last year.

Also, there’s a search button at the top of the screen to check the numbers on this forum yourself. Use wisely. And you can learn a few things on the way…

Ten cant afford to lose 169,000 viewers

Do the percentage differences on how much each program is down from last year and you might understand a little better

I’m A Celeb started on January 2 in 2022 with practically no competition against it. Maybe if you compared what Ten rated against the final MAFS episodes last year you’d have a better picture.

It was the Australian Survivor finale and it rated much lower.
2022 AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR GRAND FINALE 551,000
2022 AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR GRAND FINALE - THE WINNER ANNOUNCED 631,000

4 Likes

You are comparing apples and oranges. Different times of the year and different competition. Also you need to take BVOD into account. MAFS is an example that has been slightly down on overnights this year, but it’s total audience was up 5% year on year due to catch up viewing. This is going to become more common.

Also like has been said multiple times - of course MAFS had a big impact on it. Your suggestion that Ten should have just given up these two nights and/or delayed a live show from airing (despite being promoted on that date for weeks) just because Nine altered their schedule last minute is ridiculous. I can’t even imagine how much money and resources would have been wasted on Ten’s part if they did that. This show is live.

2 Likes