Mock Schedules

Clark Griswold owns Christmas Day primetime.

2 Likes

On another note, I think Channel Nine should review their 5pm to 6pm arrangements next year. Both Seven and Nine are offering drawn out versions of game shows, so its more or less the same offerings on each network. They need to look at a fast paced game show for 5:30pm (either something like Sale Of The Century or relaunch Hot Seat as a fast paced half hour format - although the execs at Channel Nine may have trashed the Hot Seat brand by dragging it out to 1 hour). The Price is Right is another concept they could re-launch or come up with another different concept altogether. From a personal perspective, a 1 hour format just bores me when it comes to game shows and I think they need something different to a “quiz show” if I am saying where my preference lies, not sure on other peoples viewers on this - even Wheel of Fortune could be a better option, maybe for the first half hour - yes its been tried, but different ideas, the networks come back to at the same or similar times - with the right host, any game show could work.

When Scotty Cam hangs up his hammer on the block - he could launch a game show, wait for it Blockheads… nah, just kidding, but he could host some sort of game show

1 Like

Blockbusters anyone…

Just a thought - and i daresay many would say it would be too much work, But any one of the networks, Ten, Nine or Seven could screen classic episodes of some of their variety shows. As an example, Nine could screen something like Classic Classic Midday Show or Classic Mike Walsh Show on GEM - edit out anything that may be outdated - eg competitions or outdated health advice etc. If the relevant hosts were unavailable, someone like David Campbell could intro and outro it - perhaps with edits maybe screen it for 1 hour between maybe between 12pm and 1pm

Just picking up on discussion in the Studio 10 thread.

What about something like this:

5:30 - 8:30 Good Morning Australia with Sarah, Narelda and Joe Hildebrand
8:30 - 11:00 Mornings with Kerri Anne
11:00 Ten Morning News

Also in relation to Christmas period 2 week programming. What about a program like ‘Random Act of Kindness - 12 days of Christmas’. Network celebrities make a dream of 2 everyday Australian individuals / families come true every night. Could run from 23rd December through 4th January, with 2019 programming commencing Sunday 6th January.

In relation to evenings, I feel Network Ten will be moving to position themselves differently to the alternatives when it comes to news.

5:00 Ten News First at Five - Local Editions
6:00 The Project - more current affairs and topical.
7:00 Ten Evening News - Hyper Local Editions (Lexington alluded to a possible 7pm bulletin some time ago).

I would add Ten Late News at 10:30 personally with a late show style program on at 11:00.

1 Like

5:00 10 News First - it’s more like Fox and Friends, not a boring news show
8:30 10 News First - a little looser, borrowing some of the best elements of Studio 10
12:00 Usual programming
5:00 10 News First
6:00 10 News First
6:30 Project
9:30 10 News First
10:30 Colbert
11:30 James Corden

ahaha, you expect a quintupling of the staff at TEN?

How do you expect that to be sustainable?

Well late news cam be staffed by 5pm news. 6pm news is a re-hash of 5pm, for all intents and purposes. Morning news, yes, requires staff. But, as you can see, all the current Studio 10 production team would be absorbed into (my) proposed 7 hour morning block.

No way you can use the same crew for seven hours of live broadcast.

You see how they cope with three and a half hours.

Also, no… late news can’t be done by the 5pm team.

1 Like

I didn’t say all the Studio 10 production staff would do ALL seven hours. I said they would be absorbed into the bigger block - 2 different things. And, yeah, some 5pm staff can do 9:30 news. Again, I’m not denying new staff needed but not massive numbers.

Alright Lex, what would you do then?

You don’t get how television news is produced. The 5pm crew, starting at 8am… cannot work for the 9.30pm as well. Not unless you want 4.5 hour old news.

Yes, you are talking about 150-200 new staff around the network.

Uh, yes I do. You don’t seem to get how stations the world over do early and late news. Show me where I said all 5pm staff would stay late.

What would I do?

05.30 - News. 4x 15 minute bulletins.
06.30 - Local News. 2 hours, like all those US local morning shows.
08.30 - Studio 10 (as is now)
11.00 - News
12.00 - General programming
17.00 - Local News
17.30 - Game show
18.00 - The Project
19.00 - Local News
19.30 - Tentpole Reality
20.30 - First Run Aussie Progam
21.30 - US show
22.30 - Late Shows

6 Likes

you just said that 5pm would file for 9.30.

And I have more of an idea than you think

Oh the irony. Your suggestion needs more staff than mine. Lol.

1 Like

Americans have millions of people in lots of states, so Local Morning news for most cities is sustainable for the US. Not sure if the current television market would be able to sustain that. here in Australia.

Ten definetly won’t be able to but I do like the idea. But I don’t see why Australia has to copy the US News, why can’t TEN be entirely different? I’m not sure what I would do I’m still mocking up mine. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Do you understand the different between some and all?

That’s what i thought too :stuck_out_tongue:

the difference being I never suggested how it’s staffed.

Nor do I expect staff to work regular 12 hour plus days.