Metro Radio Ratings: Survey 7, 2022

So it looks like the real basket case is 2MMM and not 2day.

Triple M is only doing ok in Brisbane and Adelaide by default (lack of competition) and is struggling in the other cities. They really need to pick a lane and ditch the talk. Concentrate on the music and get that right.

Can’t work out why 6iX doesn’t do better, particularly now 6MMM and Mix 94.5 skew younger. They should at least be doing as well as Cruise and 4BH, particularly with the benefit of FM translators. What is the problem?

Still don’t understand what ARN is doing with 97.3. Don’t they see how well Smooth does in Sydney and Melbourne and Gold in Melbourne? Wouldn’t take much for them to emulate that.

SENQ has peaked. Very sad.

2 Likes

I think TV Cynic is referring to its breakfast ratings, where 4BH’s BBQ Bob climbed 0.9 to 7.8%, placing him closer to that of Laurel, Gary & Mark on 4BC, who slipped 1% to 10.8%.

Elsewhere, interesting to note that in Adelaide, JJJ is equal 3rd with SAFM in the 40-54s, behind Mix & 5MMM.

3 Likes

Sydney’s Triple M was once the powerhouse of Sydney radio. I think it is now settling in to be the “damaged goods” of the FM band.

It did not increase its share of audience in any shift or in any age group, except for the over 65s. It can now adopt the Coles “Down Down” positioner

SCA need a plan for their Sydney stations. I am sure they are popping the champagne for 2DayFM’s mediocre rise to a share of 5.5. But they still control the bottom two FM stations in Sydney and I think they have for over a decade.

It’s been said before but I’ll say it again. SCA need to drop the networking and create two Sydney-centric FM radio stations. It’ll never happen - as SCA believe that what’s good for Adelaide is good enough for Sydney - and vice versa.

6 Likes

It was a pretty good result for WSFM today.

1 Like

From what I have on my records, the 11.1 share in S7/1994 was by 2Day, not (what was then) Mix 106.5, which would only had around 6-7% share (I don’t have specific figures for that survey, sorry).

KIIS’s previous highest share was 10.6 in S4/2021.

2 Likes

You are correct… my data for that survey had 2Day and Mix transposed… makes more sense with 2Day at an 11.1 and Mix at 6.8.

To reiterate since it was part of my deleted post, this is the largest share for 2UW/Mix/Kiis since an 11.9 for 2UW in S3/1982.

3 Likes

Largest share for ANY station in the market since 94.5 had a 17.1 in S4/2011.

3 Likes

But how does it rate so well considering it is the same playlist nationwide?

2 Likes

Jase and Lauren only 0.1 behind Fifi, Fev & Nick in Melbourne.

3 Likes

Well, 96fm sounds more like a Pure Gold station than a KIIS station, despite being part of the KIIS network, whilst Mix 94.5 is more older skewing than the rest of the Hit Network. As a result, Nova 93.7 is pretty much the only young-skewing commercial station in Perth.

I might post the playlists of the Perth commercial music stations in the relevant thread to get a better picture. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Screenshot 2022-11-07 193917

I double checked my sources, and the trending page in the AGB McNair survey book had the numbers for the two stations reversed in S7 and S8! Glad you caught that! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

2 Likes

Meanwhile SEN continues to be a waste of space

6 Likes

Nathan, Nat & Shaun’s 20.5 on Nova 937 breakfast is just an extraordinary number.

4 Likes

SCA’s take on the results.

1 Like

when your beaten by newsradio… yeah not good…

so sad to see the once mighty 693am frequency in brisbane used like this

5 Likes

ARN are claiming that Kyle and Jackie O’s cume figure for this survey of 818,000, is ‘the highest number of listeners ever recorded for any radio station in history.’

However history would say no to that claim as Hamish and Andy had 926,000 listeners in Melbourne for Survey 2 2010, and had many other higher cume figures than 818,000 for other surveys around that time as well.

6 Likes

Nine had a very brief report than ended with: “4BC is the most listened to AM station for both the breakfast and drive programs”

4 Likes
1 Like

Yes so true :blush:

1 Like