Metro Radio Ratings: Survey 7, 2016

Nova 106.9 is Number 1

NOVA 106.9 IS BRISBANE’S NUMBER ONE STATION 10+ – 13.5% SHARE

#1 Breakfast show with Ash, Kip & Luttsy – (12.6% share)
• # 1 Drive Show with Kate, Tim & Marty 4 – 6pm (17.1% share)
• # 1 Workday with Katie Mattin & Tim Wong-See 9 – 4pm (12.6% share)
• # 1 Nights Show with Smallzy’s Surgery 7 – 10pm (13.5% share)
• # 1 cume in Brisbane with 575,000 listeners

Nova 106.9’s General Manager and Program Director, Jay Walkerden, said “These results confirm Brisbane loves to laugh, and we don’t mind having a laugh at ourselves.” Ash, Kip & Luttsy with Susie O’Neill, happily embrace their inner child for Brisbane’s enjoyment. Ash: “You’re only young once but can be immature forever.”

Source: GFK Media Research, Survey #7 Released on 8 November, 2016

1 Like

Not going to happen as long as they remain #1 with men, which is all Fitzy and SCA seem to care about.

(edit: apologies for the appalling grammar here earlier)

1 Like

What in the hell are ARN in Perth thinking?:rage: If I was advertising my business on 96fm I would be thinking twice :fearful:

2 Likes

@JBar
Yes I certainly think this would be a good option for Triple M if they had the sense to do it. A bit like Absolute Radio or Radio X in the UK but with a bit more new alternative music would work. Then if they only had the sense to combine that with Classic Rock on DAB+ (as Absolute Radio does) then they might be a force again. Until then it’s just more of the same bogan drivel.

Re, 2GB celebrating 100 consecutive surveys: You probably won’t be surprised to hear that it was a story on Sydney’s 6pm news bulletins tonight:

Hmm… Weren’t all those Triple M Classic Rock Digital listeners supposed to go back to Triple M on FM like they were told?

Seems they missed that memo.

Perth’s mix 94.5 Pass 100 wins consecutively a couple of years back

3 Likes

They should have done this 5 years ago - I feel a reasonable portion of JJJs listeners would jump ship if an alternative (even with ads) was available.

1 Like

Yes I agree. But it’s too late to do this under the Triple M name now - the brand is too trashed and tarnished by bogan to ever be considered cool. They’d have to rename it if they ever wanted to do that.

More to the point, they only care about sales and making money. In his interview with Radio Today, Fitzy says that the market knows that they are the #1 station to turn to if they want to advertise to blokes, so they’re still turning a good profit. They could rate 1 and would still be happy as long as the $$$ didn’t change.

Which is also why Rove & Sam get to stay for another year. Fitzy (speaking in the absence of Gemma) went on to say that advertisers like Rove and are happy that the show is getting better and progress is being made. Presumably advertisers weren’t as happy and confident with Dan & Maz, despite them also improving and having figures not much lower.

I’m sure there’s an element of spin to this, and Fitzy is the master of spin and not getting caught saying something he doesn’t want to, but at the end of the day profits will beat ratings any day of the week - ratings are merely a tool to sell with to help generate those profits.

1 Like

Singleton is upset that The Australian etc doesn’t talk up the success of 2GB, preferring to concentrate on FM stations such as Smooth.

The cumes tell the story for 2GB, seventh in 10+, eighth in 40-54, third in 55-64, and they only win 65+. A high average audience, but it’s the same audience listening for long periods.

You never hear Singo say 2GB is #1 for best financial performance. They are very short of the mark of course.

Adam Lang kept a low profile yesterday, he must’ve been given some kyrptonite.