MediaSpy User Demographics

I’ve been with Vodafone for about 18 years and haven’t changed my mobile number in that time . I had a Nokia phone back,think I had 2 or 3 different Nokia models. My first smartphone was a Samsung Galaxy Nexus,the only Samsung model I ever owned.I got my first iPhone in 2013 ,a 4S.now I have an iPhone 8

1 Like
  1. List item

What’s your favourite smartphone
iPhone or Samsung?

I am a Samsung person.

iPhones are good, but at least Samsung make more affordable models for consumers on a budget.

And the Android OS is more flexible than iOS.

2 Likes

Samsung with Lineage OS, tho now that 15.1 is on the S5, it’s not really that good.

The S5 would have to be the best phone to put a ROM onto, also the notification light is really cool :grinning:

Samsung S5 all the way! Best performing phone I’ve ever owned.

2 Likes

31 posts were split to a new topic: Media Spy: The Early Years

Favourite weekday normal Ten Eyewitness News presenter? You can vote more than once if you have more favourites. ;p

• Sandra Sully
  • Jennifer Keyte
  • Georgina Lewis
  • Rebecca Morse
  • Narelda Jacobs
  • None

0 voters

Which bank do you use?
(more than choice if you have multiple accounts)

• ANZ
  • Commonwealth
  • NAB
  • Westpac
  • Other bank
  • Building Society / Credit Union

0 voters

Given the amount of regional banks/smaller banks/credit unions (ie not the big 4) and how popular they are, this poll really should be expanded.

Or expanded might be better. :wink:

2 Likes

Yes :roll_eyes: Apple really need to work on the iPhones predictive text.

1 Like

I know I voted for Georgie but I do like her more then Sandra tbh… despite now living in an other state since I first watched her in 2014. Both excellent presenters but I don’t like the format of Ten News Sydney that much.

1 Like

Do you use mobile payments (Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay)?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Only if I don’t feel like carrying my wallet with me for whatever reason. Nice to just be holding my phone / keys in my pockets and nothing else.

I was using Google Pay via my credit union but have found it far easier to use my card as Google Pay was failing a quarter of the time, which is enough to be annoying.

2 Likes

I use Samsung Pay… I was always sceptical about these NFC payment systems but it’s so damn convenient.

1 Like

I use the Commbank app and NFC to pay for stuff, but only if I realise I’ve left my wallet in the car because I don’t want to get in the situation where I end up going to a place without an RFID card reader. 99.9% of the time I will pay with my card.

It also seems a bit awkward to say “I’ll pay with my phone” (though I’d imagine with uptake this will change).

2 Likes

I don’t get wanting to fumble with a phone when tapping a card is so easy.

Surprised the amount of Commbank users, I had a dollarmite account - but haven’t used them since shutting that when I was 12.

I chose NAB on the basis of the amount of fees - all the other major banks I looked at, and Bendigo Bank who I was with at the time, charged either an account keeping fee or per-transaction fees. Seems to still be the case.

What are people’s reasons for choosing their current bank?

Trump: Good or Bad? Based on what he has done during his presidency so far.

• Good
  • Bad

0 voters

In my case, only when I’ve accidentally forgotten my wallet at home.