Media Spy Awards 2019 - Nominations

10 News First Darwin was clearly the best moment of last year :joy:

The forum was in overdrive over that.

Lets hope there will be good results!

What happened to Mawk member of the year?

It’s chosen by the staff

2 Likes

Hope this thread is OK

A big thank you for everyone who nominated me for best new contributor.
2019 wasn’t the easiest year for me because of Year 12 and other events, but this forum provided me an escape from all that.

Thanks everyone!!

And you’re out the other side. Things can only get better mate!

2 Likes

Surprised Julian Evans didn’t get a nomination for the Today show reporting.

Same for me. Despite being nominated, I have had a very tough 2019 with a lot of assessments in my uni studies as well as my appointments. As well with this, i’ve Taken hiatus over August last year.

1 Like

Surely I’m not the only one who actually had more difficulty picking a winner for many of the “Worst” media-related awards than their “Best” equivalents?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There were some rather interesting nominations in the Forum Moment of the Year categories as well…I thought regional markets got 7HD (or Prime7HD) during 2018 rather than 2019? Likewise with 10 News First’s relaunch which mostly happened on October 31 and November 1 2018, aside from the new Sydney set which was launched on March 4 last year. And KIIS 1065’s 5 Million Giveaway?!

I’m also glad that I wasn’t nominated (or if I was, not enough voters agreed) in the “Most Obsessive Member” category this year, haha. Hopefully it’s your year, @Sully! :wink:

Finally as a nominee for the much coveted Best Contributor/Best Member/Most Memorable Member categories, I’d like to thank those who chose me and wish everyone else who is nominated for those awards the best of luck! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Under Print and Online, Best Newspaper/Magazine has the SMH listed twice?

“Sydney Morning Herald”
“The Sydney Morning Herald”

Also “Miranda Divine” is spelt wrong for Worst Contributor. Should be ‘Devine’.

For Television, under Best TV Program, The Masked Singer is also listed twice like the SMH above.

2 Likes

winners were announced yesterday. Anyone happy the winners (and losers)?

Where

click on each of the category at the top of the page. I’m surprised they were announced without any fanfare.

Sorry, I was sick over the weekend