Max (formerly HBO Max)

Impossible to enforce as well. All they’ll do is close their local office and bill offshore in USD.

1 Like

Agreed. Now my reasonable deal is about to expire I have to waste time on the phone ‘negotiating’ another decent deal. Why can’t they just offer a fair price off the bat?

2 Likes

It’s not quite that bad, otherwise they’d all be avoiding charging & collecting GST already.

Which Australian network will be rushing to make a local version of this?

Seven got its fingers burnt last year with Dance Boss, so I doubt it would want to do another dancing competition show. It could be Nine which needs something to fill in the 7.30pm timeslot between The Block and the end of official ratings.

That doesn’t sound like a network show. Maybe Foxtel but they don’t seem to be doing many new shows these days.

https://www.c21media.net/warnermedia-hbo-max-set-up-feature-jv/

The fledgling joint venture label will initially look to make eight to 10 mid-budget movies per year and will be overseen by HBO Max’s chief content officer, Kevin Reilly, and chairman of Warner Bros Pictures group Toby Emmerich.

This could be the selling point HBO Max needs, should it decides to launch its own service in Australia.

1 Like

Is this what Jennifer Aniston was referring to on instagram today?

Yes it is. She tagged her fellow Friends cast members in the post.

2 Likes

1 Like

EDIT 8/4: it looks like the Friends reunion won’t be shown until next year.

1 Like

HBO Max will launch in USA on May 27.

Foxtel’s new multi-year agreement with WarnerMedia also includes several HBO Max originals. It means WarnerMedia won’t launch HBO Max in Australia for the foreseeable future.

I actually think it is a wise decision. HBO will ultimately earn more through licensing than trying to establish yet another service in a highly competitive and flooded market locally here in AU.

2 Likes
1 Like

So why does Stan get Love Life, Made for Love and Station Eleven?

Lol so half the originals will be on Stan not Foxtel.