Max (formerly HBO Max)

1 Like

More on the HBO max potentially coming to Australia. I would like to see this as that will leave foxtel a drama steaming service almost dead in the water without the hbo output.

1 Like

Why do you want Foxtel dead?

Because News Corp/Murdoch :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Do we want Pay TV in Australia to die - which will mean the loss of Aussie productions and jobs - to be replaced by an overseas streaming service?

4 Likes

I certainly would hate to see the industry die and people lose jobs but Foxtel needs to adapt their business models to properly compete against streaming services, otherwise they’ll quickly become irrelevant and this will inevitably lead to job losses of many.

5 Likes

Foxtel isn’t the only employer here. Sports aside, Stan would be catching up on Foxtel for hours of scripted television made. Foxtel has treated the audience like mugs for years. The sooner they disappear the better.

2 Likes

I want their market share diminished. They’ve treat audiences pathetically over the years. If they go down then introduce quotas for streaming services to produce Australian content. The content will still be made just not by foxtel.

3 Likes

i disagree 100 % and i know thousands who also share my view. if foxtel treated there audience pathetically over the years as you claimed why did they go and save a show that seven axed ??? that being aplace to call home ??? answer me that? brian wash didnt have to save the show at all he could have said no. yes allbe it was his sister that saw that show and told him about the save a place to call home facebook page . but he didnt have to go and watch the show and like it and wanted to foxtel to air more of it did he ???

and no i and many others dont want foxtel dead at all

So, one show? Desperate. And a snow that appealed directly to Foxtel’s core market of old and conservative. Kayo is the only thing that appeals to anyone under 55-65.

2 Likes

Wentworth, Mr Inbetween, Lambs of God, Secret City. Not to mention all the reality, factual, doco, kids stuff they have had.

3 Likes

ur wrong all the people that watched wernt old or conservatie one bit. i should now i watched it and im 35 and also part of the savea place to call home face bo ok group and i know there are two people who are friendlly with foxtel who are gay and under 45 :slight_smile: and alot of them arnt old

Brian Walsh? I can’t stand that arrogant person. He acts like foxtel is everything.

The way people consume tv has changed. Foxtel is an anachronism. It is a monopoly run by an extreme right wing media baron. HBO Max would be better off going on without foxtel.

2 Likes

All of that can be done by streaming services.

there is no reasoning with you is there?

They already have a massive market share. How many have they done so far?

Quotas will see the streamers leave Australia as well - there is minimal interest in producing content from meet quotas from these companies

2 Likes

The only thing cable/satellite is better than streaming is for live sports, but money talks/wins anyway; Optus Sport has still got the football (EPL, UEFA, etc.) rights despite their streams being a poorer viewing experience.