Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

So very very Sad. RIP Cornellia

1 Like

She was a great host on the Australian version of The Weakest Link on Seven in 2001 and 2002, that’s where I heard her name for the first time. Very sad.

4 Likes

From all reports she was nothing like her ‘bitchy’ characters in real life. She was apparently a very kind, generous and much loved person. She will be missed and Home and Away won’t be the same without her.

1 Like

I watched her brave interview from her hospital bed with ACA earlier this year it was heartbreaking.
She was one of my favourite television actors and have happy memories watching her in Sons & Daughters and in the early years of Home & Away.
Thanks for the memories RIP Cornelia.

I have her book from 2003 which was brutally honest and a very interesting read about Showbiz ups and downs.

1 Like

I remember she was interviewed by Bert Newton one time on GMA. She looked at her watch and made some reference to the day and time “it’s 2.30 on a Tuesday afternoon”, forgetting that the show was pre-taped in those days. As quick as anything Bert looks at his wrist and says “oh i must remember to check the time on my watch”. She laughed at her innocent slip up.

She was known mostly for her dramatic roles but also played comedy as well.

Rest in peace, Cornelia. ⚘

1 Like

America Ferrera (Ugly Betty, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Superstore) has given birth to a boy named Sebastian.
https://www.smooth.com.au/entertainment/clone-america-ferrera-has-become-mum-first-time

Laura Prepon (Orange is the New Black, That 70’s Show) has married fellow actor Ben Foster (3:10 to Yuma, Six Feet Under).

Hugh Dane, who played security guard Hank Tate in the US version of The Office, has died at 75.

American fashion designer Kate Spade has been found dead in her New York apartment. She and partner Andy co-founded Kate Spade New York in 1993 and sold the label in 2006.

Footy Show host Erin Molan has welcomed her first child, a daughter named Eliza Emily Ogilvy.

7 Likes

Aww, congrats to Erin! :slight_smile:

Fixed that one for you JBar.

2 Likes

Let’s just leave it at gravity-loving sports journalist.

Jerry Maren, the last surviving munchkin actor from Wizard of Oz movie, has died aged 98.

Anthony Bourdain has died, aged 61.

2 Likes

Shocking news, especially as he was in the middle of filming his food show on CNN.

David and Victoria Beckham have announced they are not getting divorced.

Shouldn’t this be in a thread titled Not Hatches, Not Matches and Not Dispatches. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like