Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

Tribute from Supernatural creator Eric Kripke

1 Like

I remember MMPR being a staple of afternoon viewing on 7 in the mid 90’s.

4 Likes

By the late 2000s, they were still pumping new seasons out, with Seven running them in overnight slots around 1:30am.

3 Likes

It’s been 25 years to the the day since INXS lead singer Michael Hutchence was found dead in a Sydney hotel room.

INXS have been on high rotation on the radio today in memoriam.

They were one of Australia’s best rock bands ever.

6 Likes

Former The Voice contestant Rachael Leahcar married her boyfriend Chris Johinke at Adelaide Hills today.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/rachael-leahcar-marries-love-of-her-life-chris-johinke/news-story/981690ffa6558182c85bbef70bd2c761

1 Like

Irene Cara has passed away at the age of 63.

2 Likes

That’s very sad.

2 Likes

How come the news services aren’t reporting on this yet? I know the news came from the publicist but i don’t 100% think it’s true if the news isn’t reporting on it.

1 Like

You don’t think it’s true when her actual publicist from Irene’s own account has announced it?

2 Likes

I haven’t heard anything from any news service globally about this.

1 Like

Well I’ve never even heard of Irene before this post.

3 Likes

The publicist only posted the news an hour ago.

Really? I thought you’d be around the age to have had movies like Fame and Flashdance as part of your childhood even if you weren’t quite born yet when they came out. “Flashdance… What A Feeling” was one of the biggest hits of the '80s.

3 Likes

The news services obviously don’t read Irene’s Twitter then. They focus on politics and crap like that. Although Irene wasn’t well known outside of Fame and Flashdance.

Oh, Irene sung “what a feeling”? I know that song. I’m 31 so it sounds like I should have known who she was.

3 Likes

The only person other than her publicist who has tweeted about this that can be trusted is Peter Ford.

Its also the middle of the night in what is often treated as a long weekend in America

1 Like

There are some interesting posts on the Twitter thread.

Irene also sung ‘Out Here on My Own’. A great great song.

2 Likes

ABC7 LA are now reporting on her death.

2 Likes

We probably should’ve waited for Richard Wilkins to announce it on the Today show tomorrow morning before mentioning it here rather than trust what was posted on a verified Twitter account by her publicist.

2 Likes