Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

What a shocking and sad day.

It was nice that Mel Tracina paid tribute to Olivia Newton-John in The Cheap Seat and she said she was going to blast Physical all week.

For me, Hopelessly Devoted To You was my favorite ONJ song. I used to listen to it when I had a ‘crush’ on someone (we all had a dark past !!!)

Who would have thought that she and Mariah were friends. She was the pleasant surprise at Mariah’s 1998 first Melbourne concert. It’s such an underrated duet hence I wanted to share it here. I wish they recorded a full version of this song.

RIP Olivia

4 Likes

Don’t forget Johnny Famechon. All six of them were Australian icons.

Except I don’t know Johnny Famechon.

1 Like

Are you the arbiter of who gets icon status?

He was before my time and I don’t follow boxing at all, but even I knew who he was.

2 Likes
4 Likes

2 Likes
3 Likes

The band just performed at the Closing Ceremony of the Birmingham Commonwealth Games.

2 Likes

Horsburgh served as president of AFL club Essendon from late 2005 to 2009.

1 Like

Peter Ford is reporting Melbourne socialite, society columnist, philanthropist and top end Toorak hairdressing salon owner Lillian Frank has passed away at the age of 92.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Olivia on the cover of a couple of magazines.

5 Likes

Note that that report saying “Anne Heche has died” has been replaced.

2 Likes

Now on ABC

1 Like

Hayley Willis gave birth to a boy named Spencer Glenn last week. He is the second son of Hayley and fiancee Fiona Falkiner (who gave birth to Hunter last year).

2 Likes

Left 9 a few years ago.

2 Likes

Pioneering Australian cinematographer Rob Copping, who worked in movies such as Stork and Alvin Purple, has died at 88.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/annette-sharp-australian-cinematographer-and-producer-rob-copping-dies-aged-88/news-story/6c331ec5964579857e138d5c30c3782a

McLeod’s Daughters actor Marshall Napier has died aged 70 after a battle with brain cancer. Pictured below are Marshall Napier and daughter Jessica Napier on McLeod’s Daughters.

2 Likes