Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

The voice many Knights fans know so well:

2 Likes

A great version of what was a classic back then.

1 Like

Sarah Harris of Studio 10 has separated from her husband Tom Ward, the SMH has reported.

… it’s just a bit sad that an actor who was nominated for an Academy Award is headlined upon his death as “Beloved sitcom star” … oh well …

1 Like

they couldn’t have put his name in the headline? I guess it’s not click baity enough if they do :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yes, I heard the news on the ABC Radio bulletin earlier this afternoon and they said |best known for his movie roles…" and the movies before saying in later years Just Shoot Me and The Goldbergs. Guess it’s probably a bit of a generational thing with the reporting too.

1 Like

Lance and Jesinta Franklin have celebrated the safe arrival of their second child

:sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:

She was fantastic as Malory Archer. How will they write her out? I’d dare say that’s how you’d end Archer.

Houston Tumlin played Ricky Bobby’s oldest son in Talladega Nights.

1 Like

It’s not exactly “Breaking” when it happened two days ago! :confused:

1 Like

Some parents don’t release the news until a few days after the birth. I’d say they were the same.

1 Like

Legendary Australian fashion designer Carla Zampatti has died. Zampatti passed away a week after being hospitalised following a nasty fall at Mrs Macquarie’s Point on the opening night of La Traviata.

3 Likes

… lovely lady … she and Gerald Stone talked to me in 2002 about the Head of Television gig that had just come up at SBS when she was chairman …

4 Likes

SBS statement on the death of former chair Carla Zampatti

SBS is deeply saddened to hear of the passing of its former Chair, Carla Zampatti AC.

Ms Zampatti served on the SBS Board as Chair for ten years (1999-2009), drawing generously on her extensive business leadership experience to help steer the organisation through a decade of great change in the media industry.

During her tenure, Ms Zampatti and her fellow Board members oversaw significant moments in SBS’s 45-year history. She was a passionate advocate for SBS and its unique role in the media landscape, including through its in-language services, so vital in helping new migrants navigate and participate in Australian life.

Having migrated herself as a young child, settling in Australia with her family, Ms Zampatti truly believed in SBS and its purpose and was committed to promoting greater understanding of and between Australia’s diverse communities.

Carla will be remembered as an extraordinary leader, and a legend in Australian business. She was a well-respected member of the SBS Board, with great nous, energy, resilience, and creativity, and whose contribution was valued enormously.

SBS passes on its deepest sympathies to Carla’s family, friends and all who loved her.

1 Like