MasterChef Australia

I have no idea what you’re responding to there.

4 Likes

According to The Sunday Telegraph’s food section, Reynold Poernomo (who competed last season and is well known to viewers for his dessert skills) has opened a new business called Koi Dessert Bar. It opens in the Sydney suburb of Chippendale today.

Someone on Twitter claims to have been to an MCA fete a couple of days ago and got food poisoning from the red team’s chicken salad. The guy is from Portugal but maybe he’s visiting Aus. There’s one other reference to the fete and a photo of it on Instagram.

What are you going on about? Doesn’t make sense in relation to any of the discussions here.

Where was this “Masterchef fete”? Have there been any callouts yet on the facebook page for people to participate in challenges. I havn’t seen any.

Also this persons claim for food poisoning has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Food poisoning, the last thing they need is more sodium. :wink:

deleted

From the same person who posted the other photo. She doesn’t say where it is, though, but it was on Tuesday and very hot weather.

1 Like

It wasn’t in reply to you. He replied to someone else. It says who he replied to.

Thanks. I missed the quote link. Too faint to notice. Still learning the new forum.

Thanks Triton for reposting the photos. From the background it looks like the fete took place at the Royal Melbourne Showgrounds where the show is filmed.
If the fete (team challenge) took place on Tuesday, then today should be elimination. I won’t be surprised if Nigella hosts a MasterClass tomorrow or Saturday, before her first official book signing (which is next Monday in Melbourne).
And replying to Chris’ question of a callout, I checked the show’s official Twitter and I saw this tweet dated December 17 last year:

Attn #MasterChefAU Fans: If you’re in the Melbourne CBD area on Jan 12th, join us for a special event! Register here

Looks exciting.

Can’t wait for the show (Season 8, if you can beloeve it). It usually begins in late April, right after MKR doesn’t it?

I remember last years promos being really good, prior to the show. They should show them not long after ■■■■■■■■ starts

With Ten getting on board as joint media partner of this year’s Melbourne Food and Wine Festival alongside Herald Sun and 3AW, could we see contestants from this season of MC participating in the festival? I know the producers have been inviting chefs, who are also guests at the festival in the past few years, to visit the MC kitchen for various challenges.

1 Like

This season’s contestants will be involved in a team cooking challenge in Melbourne’s Chinatown next Monday night from 7.30pm, the first day of Year of the Monkey, as part of the city’s official Chinese New Year celebrations. From the CNY website:

MasterChef Contestants will visit Chinatown Square on Monday 8 Feb 2016 to tackle a challenge celebrating Chinese New Year.

It is located at Cohen Place, right behind Her Majesty’s Theatre, off Little Bourke Street. It should be lots of fun.

2 Likes

Thanks for that and right near my work. Will have to stay back and check it out :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

If you want to go to the challenge at Chinatown and try the food you will have to register first. The CNY festival was officially launched today and hopefully the link to registration will open on MC’s Facebook page in the next 24 hours.

Sounds exciting! Wonder if all three judges (Gary, Matt & George) will be there?

So when does filming wrap-up (i.e.) Post prodiction start?

I think it was March last year?

According to the event website, all three judges will be there plus a special guest (maybe a Chinese chef from a local restaurant or a food expert like Elizabeth Chong?).
I think post-production is already underway for the early episodes, much like the way Neighbours and Home and Away are filmed.
Last season filming wrapped in April with the grand final.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it goes a bit later than March. It’s final week of filming is usually pretty close to the premiere date on TV. They will probably be aiming to having filming wrapped by Easter or just after.

1 Like

Does anyone know when Masterchef starts this year?Maybe after Easter break?