MasterChef Australia

Haters gonna hate.

Sorry, but this week of MC has been really crap. I always tell it as it is.

The ratings reflect that. And I know how obsessed you are about ratings proving show quality. :wink:

Lauren from MKR, that you? :stuck_out_tongue:

Making a lot of incorrect statements and assumptions, as usual. :laughing:

3 Likes

Nah I find I’m pretty accurate actually. If ever there is a person on these boards to quote ratings figures to discredit a statement about the quality of a show, it’s you. :stuck_out_tongue:

I started watching MC tonight,didn’t watch the audition episodes.it was great to see Billie last seasons winner again. I can already see who are going to be the stand out cooks this season

Flaming again. :stuck_out_tongue:

It was certainly great to see Billie back on our screens again tonight. In real time she won the title in late April 2015 (even though it was not broadcast until late July) and only held onto it for another seven months, as tonight’s episode was taped in November last year.
Mimi was the surprise packet of the night with her tea smoked duck.

Flaming? That was two seconds after you said I always make incorrect statements and assumptions. :joy:

Tonight’s episode was better than the first three, but I can’t stand Gary’s script at the start of each episode. Sounds like he’s talking to pre-schoolers.

[quote=“AlanCramer, post:226, topic:366”]
I think ten should look at adopting the US model though, only have two episodes a week with Mystery Box, Elimination Test taking place in one episode, then Team Challenge and Pressure Test taking place in the other.[/quote]

I don’t remember coming across a worse idea in every way than this one. It would be too compressed and Ten would be forgoing half a series worth of good ratings. Part of its success is that viewers get into a habit of watching it nightly and the more they do that the more invested in it they become. It was conceived and designed in the first place to be a stripped show.

Herald Sun reports that season 8 grand final and winner announcement will be filmed at the Showgrounds today, with eliminated contestants, past winners and celebrity chefs who have appeared during the season to return. It will be the first time since season 5 that filming concludes while the show is still on air. The grand final is so long, given the time allocated for each challenge and critiques (last year, Georgia and Billie had to re-create Heston Blumenthal’s botrytis cinerea dessert in five hours), that it is filmed over two days so the two finalists have enough time to rest between challenges.

Completely agree. Also why would Ten want to strip a show down that gets ~1million viewers each night?

I really enjoyed last nights episode. We are finally into the full swing of things. A few big personalities standing out early. I really like Trent :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Firetorch, post:272, topic:366”]
Flaming? [/quote]
Truth hurts. :stuck_out_tongue:

Masterchef’s epsisodes 3 and 4 ratings are up on the same episodes last year.

It must do - explains why you’ve taken my factual observation re: ratings to heart. :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought it was a straight forward elimination tonight. After choosing their ingredient, Charlie and Ashley had a clear mind on what to cook but Theresa was in a blur. It changed when George and Gary questioned Theresa’s use of prawn oil and mayonnaise, forcing her to switch to avocado. Was there a hint of favouritism? Ashley made a fatal mistake by putting the ravioli on hot oil which changed the taste and texture of the pasta, otherwise he might have survived elimination.
It’s hard to believe Marco Pierre White is appearing on the show next week, so early in the season.

1 Like

Baptism By Fire: Marco Pierre White Enters The MasterChef Kitchen.

The Godfather of Modern British Cooking Returns To MasterChef Australia.

Sunday, 7.30pm on TEN.

British culinary powerhouse Marco Pierre White returns to the MasterChef Australia kitchen on Sunday to put the remaining 23 aspiring chefs through the most challenging week of their lives.

Only one week into their MasterChef Australia experience, the contestants will be pushed to their limits as they cook under the charge of, and alongside, one of the greatest chefs in the business.

Marco’s expert training has previously turned out some of the greatest chefs including Gordon Ramsay, Curtis Stone and MasterChef Australia’s own Shannon Bennett.

Kicking off on Sunday with a mystery box challenge set by Marco, this week will also see the first off-site challenge for the season, an intense immunity challenge with one of Australia’s best young chefs and an unforgettable MasterClass led by Marco at an iconic Melbourne location.

2 Likes

I can’t wait for next Sunday night then,I always enjoy watching Marco week ,He really pushes all the contestants ,makes for great viewing.Feel sorry for Ashley ,it must be hard being the first contestant eliminated

2 Likes

It’ll be amazing if someone like Billie McKay comes along again…

She turned out to be unbelievable last year :slight_smile:

But agreed, MasterChef will get bigger & better from here. Can’t wait for the first immunity challenge & MasterClass

I was surprised by the elimination. Most indications were there was not enough ginger. I thought the golfer was gone, but all of a sudden there was enough ginger after all.

Already there are too many tears and again the music is too loud. But I’ll put up with it as I have in the past.

It was great to see Billie again this week, my favorite winner from all 7 seasons.

I will endure Marco again this week, an annual occurrence.