MasterChef Australia

Julie is not eligible to compete as this season is for past contestants who did not win the title. She (along with Brent and Billie) could be a guest chef though.

Where was it mentioned winners werenā€™t included?

There wonā€™t be previous winners on the season. The whole concept is ā€˜Back to winā€™ for contestants that havnā€™t won the title. The only exception Iā€™m guessing would be Callum who won the short All Stars season but didnā€™t win a regular season.

I find it really hard to get excited about a ā€˜returneesā€™ season of Masterchef. This isnā€™t like Survivor where returnees on a different season might lead to different social dynamics or strategy than previously.

1 Like

I think this season is a bridge between the original version and the Professionals version. It features past contestants who gained further skills and knowledge in the food industry.

I think itā€™s the prefect show for a returnee season as it requires skill. The quality of the food on this season of Masterchef will be above anything else and at least we know everyone coming back will be good. It means they can up the bar and do some tougher challenges too.

3 Likes

For the new season of MasterChef they are filming episodes in front of a studio audience. Iā€™m not sure what this is but I got an email looking for audience members for next Thursday. It says it is not a meal service and you will not be served food. Interesting.

2 Likes

I got a notice on FB that the episode you are referring to would be filmed at Port Melbourne this Thursday (February 6) afternoon.

Here is the link

Yeah I was hoping to go but canā€™t get off work.

More social media searching and here are some of the other contestants on the upcoming season who have been pictured in challenges (and hey this cast is becoming quite impressive):

Hayden Quinn - Season 3
Khanh - 3rd place 2018 season
Poh Ling - Runner up season 1
Chris - 3rd place season 1
Tessa Boersma - Runner up 2019
Jessica Liemantara - 4th place 2018

Iā€™m shocked that Poh would be on this cast, so every chance that sheā€™s a guest judge or mentor again. Could be the same for Hayden?

This is in addition to the ones that mentioned previously:
Amina (3rd place season 5)
Callum Hann (season 2 runner up )
Emelia Jackson (3rd place Masterchef 2014)
Reynold (4th place 2015)
Sarah (6th place 2017)

2 Likes

I very much hope so Hayden is on the office cast

I know someone who works for Poh and I donā€™t think they are a contestant from what I have heard.

Poh was season 1 runner up and Chris was third.

She must be a mentor again like last season. She was definitely in pics I saw of a recent challenge. It would be odd if she was a contestant again after being a guest judge/mentor last season. It makes me think that Hayden might be a guest judge or mentor too as he currently has his own show on Ch10 so would be surprised if he was a contestant (but I hope he is!).

1 Like

You are right I got the names mixed up. Itā€™s Amina.

1 Like

It would feel odd having Hayden and Poh as contestants and not mentors given roles in previous seasons and that one of the judges in Andy Allenā€¦ who sure, won Masterchef, but in terms of post show achievements Poh and Hayden have both been equally, if not more successful?!

In terms of television success then Poh and Hayden would be equally if not more successful than Andy Allen, but the fact that Andy Allen has a Chef Hat award would suggest he is a better position to be a judge.

2 Likes

Yep plus Andy actually won the show.

The cast for the new season has been unveiled - most of the names mentioned in this thread recently have been confirmed along with a few unguessed contestants as well:

Hereā€™s the accompanying promo - interestingly the new judges donā€™t make an appearance in it:

1 Like