MasterChef Australia

More the former. I am glad they are gone because the show had gotten stale and was in need of a shake up.

1 Like

It’s almost like Today, where they’ve ‘blown the show up’ and it’s just too much for many viewers @JohnsonTV.

I get that they were negotiating as a trio with their own company, but you can never say never. They could’ve been a way to lure/keep one or both of Matt and Gary, I mean money talks and that was something they were reportedly wanting, CBS are loaded too.

Were they really worth the extra money with the mediocre ratings the show got this year?

The ratings weren’t terrible though, at a time when it’s so hard to get many FTA linear viewers

Not this again
 :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

CBS may indeed have money, but they didn’t get to that place by frivolously spending it on maintaining the status quo and just re-singing talent at whatever cost if it wasn’t in theirs or the shows best interests.

The fact of the matter is that they were all pretty unanimous in their reasons for walking away, time & filming conflicts and having the opportunity to do other projects being among them.

4 Likes

I haven’t really commented on the new judges yet
 whilst the trio are fairly unknown generally speaking, I think they absolutely look the part - really fresh faced and personable. Jock has a great presence and brings the credentials, Andy is a known factor and has proven himself both on the show and in his professional career post show
 Melissa seems quite camera savvy as well though I haven’t seen her in anything to judge
 I will absolutely give this a shot
 Gary, George and Matt were fairly unknown with only George having some exposure via Ready, Steady, Cook.

For me though, the bigger concern is All-Stars
 will reserve judgement but All-Stars to me seems like a safe bet from 10 given the fact the show is already changing with a new set of judges they played it safe by bringing back past favourite contestants to bring an air of familiarity to the show
 that way the new judges can ease into the gig with a little more ease.

1 Like

I was thinking about this the other day how most of 10s shows next year is All Stars or Celeb related. Survivor, Bach in Paradise and Masterchef are all all star casts from previous versions of the shows. Then The Masked Singer, Dancing with the Stars and I’m a Celeb are all celebrity related. It’s a bit off putting when you look at that angle. Possibly a bit overkill doing so many shows with names we already know.

1 Like

I’m still undecided about if I’m going to watch Masterchef next season.Wont be the same without Gary,George and Matt

I’m the opposite. I haven’t really watched it the last 3 years
 I probably will give it a go next year. Hopefully they refresh the look and format a little at least. Not a revamp, more of a evolution.

2 Likes

No more shots of the judges jumping up and down while shouting “ten minutes to go” as the contestants yet again say “if I don’t finish this croquembouche I could be going home”?

2 Likes

I am the same. I haven’t watched in years but will give this season a go, at least initially. I think they have made the right decision.

Last night on Media Watch, host Paul Barry had a dig at media outlets who failed to predict the identities of the new MasterChef judges.

Well, it could have been Curtis Stone but he knocked back Ten’s offer to be a judge.

1 Like

This year’s winner Larissa Takchi was named Youngest Entrepreneur 2019 by the Australia Lebanon Chamber of Commerce and Industry at last night’s gala. Larissa even got to meet Hit Network presenter Ash London at the dinner.

2 Likes

https://www.3aw.com.au/new-masterchef-judges-reveal-who-is-the-diva-of-the-trio/

3aw’s Denis Water interviewed the new judges. They said filming starts in January next year

2 Likes

I’m assuming then it might start a little later or this season might be a little shorter.

Diana and Karlie from season 9 and Khanh from season 10 were at Flemington yesterday.

1 Like

It was Matt’s first appearance on 10 since he was let go by the network from MasterChef in July.

Did he quit? The article says he learnt about being let go by 10 over social media, whilst he was with one of the networks publicists.

Who knows. I wouldn’t believe anything that anyone says anymore. They are all probably quite bitter about leaving Masterchef and he’s now moving to Seven so naturally he is only going to be negative around the ordeal. At the same time they have always stuck to the story that they found out via social media which I just don’t believe.

1 Like