MasterChef Australia

I was at Margaret River last November for Gourmet Escape food festival. I went to Leeuwin Estate for the food and wine stalls plus a special appearance by Nigella Lawson, but didn’t go to the Safari Club which was site for tonight’s team challenge.

1 Like

I visited a winery that day ,this was on a coach trip from Perth,can’t remember the name of it now. I also remember spending up big in the fudge shop in the main shopping area in Margaret River

With survivor likely to move forward next year I think 10 should move Masterchef to begin in July and air bachelor/ette and DWTS in May.

20 u mean 10

Yes obviously. I don’t think there is a network called 20 :wink:

Simon’s plate counting blunder in last night’s team challenge meant he, Larissa and Christina would be facing elimination tonight. The team had to serve food to 25 diners, but 12 people initially missed out on the lamb main. How could Simon miscalculate the number of portions? The team’s loss meant Larissa would have to use her immunity pin to stay in the competition. Since the pin was introduced in season 2, no contestant had ever taken one into finals week.
On Twitter last night some fans even accused Simon of sabotage.

That was a great episode last night. I just don’t know how they could make such a big stuff up. They only had 25 diners each so how it did not occur to them that they only put out 13 plates is beyond me. Obviously tonight Larissa will use her pin and it’s between Simon and Christina going home.

This season seems like it could be anyone game. Tessa feels like the front runner but I am getting tired of her constantly just cooking a fish dish. I find I’m constantly cheering for is Anushka. She has felt like an underdog at time but despite being one of the older contestants has really stuck at it and put out some great dishes. Her dessert was probably the only great dish last night.

1 Like

I’d like to see Anushka win this season.She has cooked some standout dishes but the judges favour Larissa ,Nicole or Tessa

1 Like
1 Like

Yes, hard to understand how the green team forgot to send out roughly half their meals. Didn’t they wonder why half the lamb was left at the end of service.

The final three days of MasterChef will include 5 contestants on Sunday followed by a Masterclass with one eliminated on Monday to leave 3 contestants in the Grand Final.

Where have you got this info from? There has never been 3 in the Grand Final of Masterchef. Plus tonight is an elimination leaving 5… so I would have assumed that someone else would leave on either Tues or Wed this week leaving 4 on Sunday, 3 on Monday and 2 for the Grand Final on Tuesday?

I was thinking the same thing, but the synopsis for next Monday’s episode says:

Today’s Semi Final is a pressure test set by acclaimed Quay executive chef Peter Gilmore. The three contestants who do the most impressive job recreating the dish will earn their spot in the Grand Finale.

The synopsis for Sunday says “five will become four”.

The same thing is in the broadcast EPG.

It happened once before, in season 5 in 2013. Samira El Khafir, Lynton Tapp and Emma Dean were the grand finalists. Samira were eliminated at the end of round two, while Emma defeated Lynton in the third round to win the MasterChef title.

Geez, the Masterchef GF is going to be longer than both last night’s/this morning’s World Cup and Wimbledon finals combined! Not to mention, bringing back 20 eliminated contestants for it would be one a heck of a twist :stuck_out_tongue:

10 has revealed the synopsis for next Tuesday’s grand final (via TV Tonight):

For the first time ever, three MasterChef contestants will face off in the Grand Final in a three-course service challenge stretching out over four and a half hours. Amongst the diners are Julie Goodwin, Andy Allen, Diana Chan, Sashi Cheliah, and Curtis Stone, with Shannon Bennett back as mentor.

That means the winner will not be decided by a dessert pressure test.

Well that sucked to see Anushka go. I’m not really a huge fan of anyone else left. They are all good cooks but none really stand out to me. I’m surprised that Simon is still there and think that Larissa or Tessa will probably win.

Interesting. I don’t know why they’ve done it this way… it feels like they are stretching this week out. They usually have that service challenge in the second last episode and the finale format seems to have always worked. Now it sounds more like an MKR finale. I just don’t know why they couldn’t eliminate someone else tonight and then whittle it down to 2 for the finale. Nobody else will be leaving again until next Sunday yet it’s supposedly “finals” week.

1 Like

https://10daily.com.au/entertainment/tv/a190715lwkdy/i-dedicate-this-to-all-the-50-year-olds-anushka-celebrates-her-record-breaking-time-in-the-masterchef-kitchen-20190715

“I’m the first person hitting the big 5-0 and making it to the finals week in the ‘MasterChef’ kitchen,” (Anushka) proudly told 10 daily.

Audra Morrice was 41 when she finished third on season 4 in 2012.

Yeah I thought she would have to be the oldest. Good on her.

Different opinions for different folks. I was pleased Tim stayed, though I don’t think he’s a great cook. IMO (as an oldie) it’s good to see the younger contestants remain as they have a chance at a career. I also think Simon is one of the best cooks remaining but I agree with you that probably Tessa or Larissa will win.