State by state breakdown of top 24
NSW - 5
QLD - 3
SA - 3
VIC - 10
WA - 3

Last season NSW had 10 contestants.

1 Like

Once again like most years there are significantly more female contestants.

1 Like

We know what the judges think with… And it isn’t their stomachs.

1 Like

Yeah it does - 15 females & 9 males this year.

I agree 100% Never watch the audition episodes

Nigella Week was filmed at the start of January this year before Nigella began her national speaking tour. That means only two competition weeks were filmed during December before the contestants had their Christmas break.

1 Like

this season’s top 24 contestants is again a mixture of different ethnic backgrounds that represents the multi-cultural population of Australia .Its been like this ever since Season 1.Too early to pick a winner yet ,though.

1 Like

Tonight was the first time so many contestants (22) faced elimination.
It was also revealed this season’s winner would receive a top-of-the-range Holden Equinox SUV (which I believe is the LTZ model).

1 Like

Will there be a team challenge this week?There needs to be an even number of contestants to make a team challenge fair ,22 remaining so far

See:

1 Like

Ok thanks for that

This week’s team challenge is actually at East Gippsland.

Today contestants cook outside the MasterChef kitchen for the first time. Their challenge is to create a feast for volunteers, truckies, farmers and their families impacted by drought in Briagolong.

MasterChef trivia: guest chef for tonight’s immunity challenge, Max Sharrad, married season 6 runner-up Laura Cassai in October 2018. Max is head chef at Adelaide’s Nido restaurant while Laura is part of the team: https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/thesourcesa/nido-opens-with-max-sharrad-and-laura-cassai-in-the-kitchen/news-story/b860dccbd6bd6d789d3090f0bc0b719f?nk=7bb5d3979a0c16b8e3e20b8abf9c5f6d-1557219222

In India, the current season is being streamed on Hotstar, a digital entertainment platform owned by Star India. The show is streamed on Thursdays to Mondays at 2.30pm Indian time, with each episode available three days after its Australian broadcast.

And guess what! Applications are always open for season 12, just as season 11 is still in its second week.

1 Like

Spotted a Brisbane bus on my way home today with a large ad for Masterchef Australia on one side of it

Tonight’s Masterclass, the first for this season, features the three mentors - Poh, Billie and Matt - and George and Matt (Gary was absent).
Last night’s team challenge was one of those occasions where the judges could not find fault with the dishes. Every dish was yummy. Red team just won because its food was tastier than blue team’s and more cohesive as buffet dishes.

1 Like

Can anyone enlighten me why 10 didn’t want as many Masterclass episodes? I have never really understood why they cut this episode of the show.

I think it had something to do with The Living Room, which debuted in May 2012 and took up the Friday 7.30pm timeslot previously occupied by Masterclass.

Masterclasses were originally for Friday nights which they are probably more suited too. I think they only need them on a Thursday when they have a reason too (e…g a s guest chef). It would be a bit of an overkill to have them every week.

Did you find it to be overkill when they did have it every week?

When it was on Friday’s it was fine but Masterchef is no longer on Friday’s so it’s not needed. There is only ever a need for it when there is a guest chef to suffice it. E.g. a Nigella one I would watch. Any normal week I wouldn’t.

I don’t normally enjoy the Wednesday team challenges as much as other episodes, however I really enjoyed this weeks in Gippsland and both teams dishes. Fantastic and I thought Blue were unlucky to have their rivals also do just as well , in fact a smidge better

1 Like