Married at First Sight

Same old again.

I cannot wait for the “biggest scandal ever” to appear, and cannot wait to hear the contestants get upset that their partners have a secret and /or flirted with another person.

3 Likes

Or the contestants who always pull the innocent victim card at some point that they are being made to look bad or a villain. The producers are editing me bad my life is ruined blah blah blah…

I mean you have had 9 seasons to get your head around that happening. No sympathy at all. I still cannot get my head around anyone even wanting to become remotely connected to this franchise. They are all nuts and attention seeking morons. Love? Haha

7 Likes

Let’s love … Australia’s most talked about social experiment is back in 2023

Take your front-row seat at the year’s most unforgettable weddings when the new season of Married at First Sight returns on Monday, January 30, at 7.30pm on Channel 9 and 9Now.

Celebrating its 10th season, the new series of Married at First Sight will test the relationship bonds of our couples in ways they could never imagine.

This year, in their quest to find love, 10 new brides and 10 new grooms will meet for the first time at the altar on their wedding day after being matched by relationship experts John Aiken and Mel Schilling, and clinical sexologist Alessandra Rampolla.

The new season of MAFS begins with the biggest shock ever to rock a wedding, followed by honeymoons ranging from the deeply romantic to the extra-spicy and drama-filled, interstate and overseas.

Alessandra will encourage a sense of adventure in our couples as they step out of their comfort zones with unprecedented Intimacy Week tasks to set pulses racing.

Then, in a brand-new twist to the experiment, our experts will task the couples with a never-seen-before element that thrusts them – and their relationships – into the unknown with dramatic consequences.

Throwing themselves into the intensity of a real-life, fast-tracked relationship, this year’s brides and grooms are honest, raw, and vulnerable – baring all for Australia in the hope of a successful and meaningful marriage.

Since the inception of MAFS in 2015 hundreds of thousands of applicants have been in search of the same thing: a deep and lasting connection. Elusive true love.

Over nine spectacular seasons Married at First Sight has grown to become the talk of nation. Millions of viewers here and around the world have tuned in and witnessed participants going from strength to strength, even outside the experiment – getting married, buying homes and having babies.

In 2023, prepare to fall in love with an incredibly passionate and heartfelt new group of participants entering the experiment. And of course, it wouldn’t be MAFS without more bombshells and relationship dramas, explosive dinner parties, mind-blowing secrets and Commitment Ceremonies that will even shock the experts.

This year the greatest search for true love will once again captivate the nation and spark conversation across Australia. Get ready to pop the champagne – the spellbinding new season of Married at First Sight is almost here.

Married at First Sight is produced by Endemol Shine Australia (a Banijay Company) for Channel 9.

1 Like

It’s the worst show on television. :poop:

4 Likes

From a revenue and board’s perspective, it’s brilliance.

The show is great for the balance sheet and that’s about it. Not that great for ‘love’. But as long as the accountants are happy.

1 Like

Married At First Sight Season 10

Take your front-row seat at the year’s most unforgettable weddings when Australia’s most talked about social experiment returns on Monday, January 30, at 7.30pm on Channel 9 and 9Now.

Celebrating its 10th season, the new series of Married at First Sight will test the relationship bonds of our couples in ways they could never imagine.

This year, in their quest to find love, 10 new brides and 10 new grooms will meet for the first time at the altar on their wedding day after being matched by relationship experts John Aiken and Mel Schilling, and clinical sexologist Alessandra Rampolla.

The new season of MAFS begins with the biggest shock ever to rock a wedding, followed by honeymoons ranging from the deeply romantic to the extra-spicy and drama-filled, interstate and overseas.

Alessandra will encourage a sense of adventure in our couples as they step out of their comfort zones with unprecedented Intimacy Week tasks to set pulses racing.

Then, in a brand-new twist to the experiment, our experts will task the couples with a never-seen-before element that thrusts them – and their relationships – into the unknown with dramatic consequences.

Throwing themselves into the intensity of a real-life, fast-tracked relationship, this year’s brides and grooms are honest, raw, and vulnerable – baring all for Australia in the hope of a successful and meaningful marriage.

In 2023, prepare to fall in love with an incredibly passionate and heartfelt new group of participants entering the experiment. And of course, it wouldn’t be MAFS without more bombshells and relationship dramas, explosive dinner parties, mind-blowing secrets and Commitment Ceremonies that will even shock the experts.

This year the greatest search for true love will once again captivate the nation and spark conversation across Australia. Get ready to pop the champagne – the spellbinding new season of Married at First Sight is almost here.

So that Daily Mail article from Dec 22 now looks different in perspective, the couple they’re referring to as “being the centre of the show” aren’t in the list of participants.

Interesting that on the crucial day before launch, Nine are still using “Monday 7:30” (as opposed to “Tomorrow”) on their Married promos, not sure if that’ll change during tonight’s Final, where they with ad breaks also utilise the in-program on-court pop-ups, screen edge pop-ups and tennis tie-in animations, assuming the peak minutes are the closing stages and presentations (if close) or the middle of match (if one sided).

Wonder if they think the day of the week name vs the word tomorrow rings a bell in people’s heads more?

Promos now say tomorrow.

1 Like

Cmon guys. Who’s watching???

Hooked already. :popcorn:

2 Likes

Just me? K. Well, Lyndall has to be related to Carrie Bickmore!

Watched up to the first wedding and stopped. It’s just the same old sh*t! Badly matched, they talk about love but this is only set up for drama. No more MAFS for me. It’s Survivor all the way.

2 Likes

Could Nine be in trouble with ACMA for MAFS promoting cystic fibrosis drug Trikafta without adequate disclaimers? Certain scenes of Lyndall’s wedding looked like a scripted commercial for the drug.

Find it funny how this thread has been dead for almost a week but is the top show right now.
Tonight’s episode was hilarious.
Fell into then trap of this trash reality TV.

2 Likes

I watched ep 1 but then gave it away.

I’m recording so will watch the dinner parties from tomorrow night.

Episode 6

The honeymoons are ending, and while some of our couples are making the most of their last day in newlywed bliss, others are at breaking point. Although Melissa and Josh have managed to resolve their issues around intimacy, both Bronte and Harrison, and Jesse and Claire are returning to Sydney on icy terms.

In Sydney, everyone is glamming up with excitement and anticipation for the first Dinner Party of the Experiment. After giving Bronte the space she requested following their last disagreement, Harrison wants to be back on the same page so they call a truce and plan to enter the Dinner Party together. Meanwhile Claire visits Jesse with the hope of an apology and resolution, but instead their wedge grows deeper, and they set off for the Dinner Party separately.

The cocktail party commences and amongst the love, the drama simmers as Bronte updates Lyndall and the girls about what happened at her wedding. When Claire enters alone, the girls rally around her in support as she recounts her honeymoon drama. And when Jesse arrives last, things take an awkward turn when Claire gives him a beer, but he refuses her offer for a chat. The tension is high, and dinner is served.

With everyone seated, it is a war of silence between Jesse and Claire. Jesse sits mute as Claire tells her side of the table but after prompts from others, he finally speaks up… only to be interrupted as Claire and Bronte double down on him ‘shushing’ Claire during their honeymoon. He finally admits that he has withdrawn from Claire, and they remain at odds with each other. Meanwhile, Melissa and Melinda quash their Hen’s night rivalry after Melissa offers Melinda advice to overcome her lack of attraction to Layton.

The drama rears its head again when Bronte and Harrison’s truce is challenged by Harrison telling his side of the wedding story. He seemingly wins over the table, but Melinda has none of it as she calls out his inconsistencies. Harrison gets defensive, and when Bronte mentions that she does have uncertainties, Harrison accuses Bronte of not putting any effort into their relationship. She leaves the table in tears with Tahnee and Caitlin by her side.

The question is, how will the couples in turmoil fare in the next phase of the Experiment: Move Ins and Confessions Week.

I have been watching. I just haven’t felt invested enough in this season to need to discuss it yet.

The cast this year feel all over the place which will probably make for good trashy TV. Harisson and Jessie particularly are both doing my head in.

It balances out the Studio 10 thread

3 Likes

Are the dinner party eps now on Mondays? They’re usually on Wed right?

1 Like