Nine Radio (Talk)

Another kick in the guts to 3AW, ABC reporting that an interview on Neil Mitchell’s program about the effectiveness of the flu vaccine was ‘misleading’

That’s their opinion. It seems the ABC have been selective with what they wish to interpret what they think the Professor has been trying to get across.

Jennifer Keyte has resumed her Friday segment on Denis Walter’s afternoon program on 3AW, three weeks after leaving Seven to join Ten. Seems that her Ten News bosses agree she could continue her weekly appearance on radio.

2 Likes

Knowing that Ten currently has Melbourne’s 4th most watched local TV news service, the management would’ve been idiots not to allow Jennifer to continue her regular segment (which could be used as a strong promotion vehicle for Ten Eyewitness News: First At Five) on the highest rating radio station in the city.

4 Likes

Ten’s probably paying for it

7 Likes

Bullshit it was a throughly researched RMIT ABC fact check piece.

2 Likes

Another ex-96fm breakfast presenter is filling in for someone else, with her ex-radio partner, Brad ‘Fitzi’ Fitzgerald, having recently filled in on Mix 94.5 breakfast.

1 Like

4BC’s last Brisbane announcer, Ben Davis gave notice yesterday is doing his final show today.

All Sydney from Monday?

Much greater revenue in Brisbane than Adelaide where 5AA successfully is #1 or close to it and runs 24/7 local.

3 Likes

Cranketmedia
Mark Braybroolk will host 4BC Drive from Monday 16th July ast 3PM

Farewell message

Ben Davis farewells 4BC

2 Likes

Wonder who takes over the coveted 4-5:30am shift on Macquarie Sports Radio now?

2 Likes

Sign Luke Bona from TripleM ASAP he will attract TripleM Sydney,Melbourne & Brisbane Listeners to MacQuarie sports Radio 954 MacQuarie Sports Radio 1278 & Macqtyarie spoitrts radio 882 also he will add listeners in Perth to MacQuarie Sports Radio on the Digital Network. and other TripleM listeners will become MacQuarie Sports Radio lIsteners in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane & & in Perth.mix 94.5 liasteners will come to the Digital Network.

I can’t see Luke Bona getting a huge audience on MSR, and why would he move? He’s catering to a handful of truckies and insomniacs on Triple M and it is the most successful he has ever been. He never rated that great on 2GB, 2UE and 2CC.

4 Likes

Red Symons would be great on 4am til 5.30am he will be up against Trevor Chapple from thee ABC as would Talksport Overnigght be.

Tony Tardio having a go at out of all people, Tom Elliott…

This is becoming a train wreck.

Including a very distasteful comment towards the former mayor of Melbourne.

I’ve made my opinion of Tardio known previously but how is that a distasteful comment about a sleezebag with wandering hands?

As for his Elliot comment that might just be some friendly banter from a disgruntled Carlton supporter

4 Likes

Luke is on good money at MMM, the working conditions are much better, he’s doing the show he wants, it’s ticking all the boxes needed, on air with a great number of stations, he’s there with his old Bathurst alumni, Fitzy backing him up - need I go on.

He’s always been floating or slotted in to a poor vehicle eg 2UE on the decline and 2CC clunking along the bottom.

As for Tony Tardio - he’s being himself, all good headlines for AW if people care so much for sideshows.

What coverage has Ben Davis received in other media outlets?

4 Likes

Interesting farewell message. A sudden departure. We obviously have to take at face value the general message he gave that he’s wanting to spend more time with his family. However, the shift he was presenting was not an anti-social hours one, it was weekday daytimes, no weekends. One imagines he didn’t hang around at the station too long after his show ended, so except for Fridays he’d be away soon after 6 (5 during NSW daylight saving). Not sure if he did many public appearances for the station at evenings or weekends. Perhaps I’m being a bit harsh but I’m not sure that in terms of working hours it was that different from those of the typical office worker.

I imagine Mark Braybrook might be a temporary replacement until they decide what they’re going to do with the shift longer-term

1 Like

According to the MSR website Clinton Maynard has the honour of the 4am slot from Monday.

1 Like

Ross & John return to 3AW tomorrow and will be live from Denmark for the week.
https://www.3aw.com.au/3aw-in-scandinavia-why-are-ross-and-john-broadcasting-from-denmark/