Love Island Australia

Surely most people just watch this show to have a gawk at the bodies?

Although the bits I had to endure on Gogglebox last week are enough to ensure I’ll never watch a full episode. Talk about contestants that seem to be as thick as bricks. I mean, confusing geometry with geography and being unable to correctly pronounce the word “jurisdiction” - you expect that from primary school students not people in their 20s! :open_mouth:

I’m pretty sure they’ve done public voting removals like that in past seasons? Although if they are now days ahead in filming to what we are seeing on tv then I don’t see how they could do anymore public votes this season.

Clearly Rachael and Chris weren’t that strong of a couple when he could’ve convinced the guys to keep her and didn’t. Then was already kissing the new girl the very next day.

This Cas Amor thing that they are advertising I think they did last season too where the guys had to go to another house full of girls. Seems like they are doing that to both guys and girls this time.

Casa Amor has always been for both the guys and girls. They move the men to a new house full of women and then new men go into the original house with the original girls.

Much better tonight. The right people went.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that’s not that case. I remember one year the guys had to chose whether they wanted one of the new girls or the old girls. The girls didn’t get a group of new guys.

Yep that was the last Aussie season. A bunch of new girls came in and the original girls were split from them with another small house for a couple of days. They didn’t do this with both new guys and new girls last time.

Yep. I’m glad they got rid of Ari. I started forgetting that she was even there the last couple of episodes.

It’s interesting that nobody in the house seems to like Emily. Are they jealous? I can see why they would think the Taku thing is a bit convenient that she’s suddenly interested in him… but she did say on day 1 that Mitch and Taku were her top choices.

My bad. That’s exactly how the UK Casa Amor works. It’s been a while since the last Aus version.

1 Like

Intruders

Interesting decision by Nine to bump Love Sland to a late timeslot for 3 out of 4 nights next week.

I wonder if this is to prevent it clashing with overruns of Big Brother / Bachelorette which appeal to similar demographics? It has already been in the later slot on Thursdays for a couple of weeks.

My theory is that even in the later timeslot the show manages to pick up a similar low linear audience as it does at 8.30. So better for Nine to schedule something that will get a larger overnight number and let Love Island’s audience use 9Now to watch as they are already.

4 Likes

That’s what I was thinking too. Love Island’s numbers are about 150K-200K whether it’s on at 8.30 or 9.30 so they might as well boost their late night slots whilst slotting in something like Travel Guide repeats which will probably rate higher than Love Island.

Love Island Australia - The truth bike 2.0, hideaway celebrations and will new love blossom?

Tonight, on Love Island Australia Afterparty join host Abbie Chatfield and a panel of celebrity superfans discussing Courtney’s shock when Nicolas decided to stick, Aaron and Jess’s massive blow-up, and whether or not love will blossom for new bomb Hugh.

Recently dumped Islander, Nicolas, joins Abbie live in-studio to talk about his Love Island journey, unpacking his final decision to stick with Courtney after she recoupled with Noah.

Special guests re-joining Abbie on the panel discussing everything from when the ‘Shaken & Stirred’ challenge got ugly this week to whether Aaron will really leave the villa are KIISFM radio presenter Mitch Churi, entrepreneur, author, and cultural commentator Flex Mami, and Love Island Australia season one islanders and couple, Josh Moss & Amelia Marni.

Can’t get enough of the cheeky antics happening on Love Island Australia ? Tune into Afterparty each Thursday night for all the latest gossip, behind-the-scenes stories, and exclusive interviews to stay up to date with what’s happening in the Love Island Australia villa.

Does anyone know how much longer this season goes for? I thought we’d be coming into the final week (won’t this week be week 6?) but they are still sending new people into the house so I guess not ending yet?

I actually found this previous week more entertaining than the Casa Amor week. I loved how Lexy constantly gave it back to Ryan and Dean. Also that Jess and Aaron drama was bizarre. It’s literally like Jess imagined something and has made an issue of it. Aaron held himself well. Good on him for standing up and be willing to leave. Nobody should have to put up with that amount of pettyness.

1 Like

10 episodes left, so 2.5 weeks. Finale should be November 30.

1 Like

Dean? Do you mean Ben?

1 Like

Yeah meant Ben.

Season finishes Wednesday 24 November.

1 Like

Love Island USA Season 3 will premiere on Nine next Wednesday night at 10:30pm.

Love is back this summer as host Arielle Vandenberg welcomes the Islanders to their new Hawaiian Villa.

Why does Sophie Monk have to talk like a bogan? That’s not how she usually speaks.