Love Island Australia

I believe the show is like Big Brother in that the show has public vote evictions. So there won’t be a post-production period because the show is airing live

Yeah if it follows the UK there wont be a post production as its livw.

Sophie told the Sunday Herald Sun at the Melbourne Fashion Festival that she would fly to Spain at the end of March to start filming.

That means it will should start up around then. The British version of the show is a live format (with contestants getting evicted from the Love Island House by a Public Vote, almost like Big Brother).

However, if that is the case, I would have assumed to see more promos.

Promo shown last night

New promo

Love Island Australia

PREMIERING Sunday 27 May at 8.30pm on 9Go!

Dig out your bikini, crank up the air conditioning and get ready, because the world’s hottest show, Love Island Australia, will premiere on Sunday, May 27 at 8.30pm on 9Go! and 9Now.

Hosted by Sophie Monk and broadcast from the sexy Spanish island of Mallorca, 10 of the most beautiful singles ever seen on Australian television will play the ultimate game of love and lust in a format that has taken the world by storm.

Screening Sunday to Thursday, each episode will screen within 24 hours of being filmed, and fans will have a say via the Love Island Australia App. Viewers can play Cupid by deciding who hooks up and who breaks up. They can save their faves and dump the duds – it’s the ultimate in voyeurism.

“I’m super excited to get to Spain and see Love Island unfold,” says Sophie. “The cast are the hottest human beings I’ve ever seen in my life. I’m going to have to strap down my muffin top with a few pairs of spanx!”

The renowned comedic talents of Irish radio star and actor, Eoghan McDermott, will give the show the tongue-in-cheek bite it’s so famous for. As narrator, Eoghan will bring his trademark quick wit and biting one-liners to the show’s incredibly hot line-up.

Their rollercoaster ride starts when the adventurous Islanders enter their own private, luxury villa – having never met - in the hope of finding romance, passion and hopefully the one. Along with heated arguments, fiery dramas and steamy hook-ups, the Love Island Australia weather forecast predicts intense levels of flirting, gossiping, laughs and love triangles.

Not only must the Love Island Australia singles find their match, they must stay together while surviving temptations as sexy new singles enter the villa. At the same time, they must also win the hearts of the public, convincing them – and themselves – that their newfound love is real.

Competing as individuals, as a couple, or in teams, Islanders will put their perfect bodies to the test when they go head-to-head in a series of sexy, intimate and exposing challenges that will reveal how well they really know each other.

At the end of the series, the winning couple (as voted by the public) is handed a pot of money to start their new lives together, but there’s a catch: one is given the chance to share the money or walk away with it all for them self. Were they after love or money all along?

Get ready as temperatures rise and pulses race as 10 sexy Aussie singles set their sights on Spain, sun and steamy hook ups.

1 Like
1 Like

According to The Sunday Telegraph, the ten contestants are:
Natasha, 24, Perth — beauty salon owner
Tayla, 21, Perth — beauty queen
Erin Barnett, 22, Melbourne — Nursing student and former contestants on Beauty and the Queen
Cassidy, 23, Melbourne — Bartender
Millie, 24, Sydney — Doggy daycare worker
Charlie, 22, Sydney — rugby player
Eden, 25, Sydney — prison officer
Justin, 27, Melbourne — Model
Grant, 22, Canberra — electrician
Josh, 25, Sydney — sports administrator

Are Queenslanders not pretty enough? :thinking:

You don’t ask about South Australians?

I belive that a regular part of the show is that intruders will be wheeled in regularly (not unlike Bach in Paradise), so just because someone from your state isn’t in the first group of 10, doesn’t mean that no one will be a contestant from your state.

I’m from QLD, why would I care?

In all seriousness though, I couldn’t care less. Just poking fun at some members on this site who often get worked up if their state isn’t represented by contestants on said show.

2 Likes

LOVE ISLAND AUSTRALIA CAST

Premiering Sunday, May 27 at 8.30pm on 9GO!

Phwoarr! Viewers are set to fall head over heels for the abs-olutely hot cast of Love Island Australia, with a sneak peek of the 10 Islanders revealed today.

Beginning Sunday, May 27 at 8.30pm on 9Go! and 9Now, Australia’s sexiest cast is just days away from meeting each other for the first time in their own luxury villa in Mallorca, Spain. The beautiful singles will play the ultimate game of love and lust in a format that has taken the world by storm and just this week earned a BAFTA for Best Reality and Constructed Factual show.

(L-R) Natasha, 24, Beauty Salon Owner from Perth; Tayla, 21, Beauty Queen from Perth; Erin, 23, Nurse from Melbourne; Cassidy, Bartender, 23, from Melbourne; Millie, 24, Doggy Daycare Worker from Sydney; Charlie, 22, International Rugby Player from Sydney; Eden, 25, Prison Officer from Sydney; Justin, 27, International Model from Melbourne; Grant, 22, Electrician from Canberra; and Josh, 25, Sports Administrator from Sydney.

They are all hoping to find romance, passion and hopefully the one. The Islanders immediately ‘couple up’ and share a bed with each other, resulting in either a recipe for disaster, or a saucy dish full of sugar and spice. But don’t think for a minute they can get too comfortable, with new Islanders regularly entering the villa to test all the relationships.

Screening Sunday to Thursday, each episode of the show will air within 24 hours of being filmed.

And no need to feel like the third wheel – fans can actively join in too! With viewers playing Cupid via the official Love Island Australia App, they decide who hooks up and who breaks up, and can save their faves and dump the duds. It’s the ultimate voyeurism to warm up the chilly nights.

At the end of the series, the winning couple (as voted by the public) is handed a pot of money to start their new lives together, but there’s a catch: one is given the chance to share the money or walk away with it all for them self. Were they after love or money all along?

The more I think about this show, the more I am comparing it to Milf Island (A Parody TV Show from 30 Rock).

2 Likes

Sophie Monk on the cover of the paper today describing the show “Big Brother with hot people”

Um… Isn’t that the problem BB had? When they just started putting central casting models in the house? and why now only utilize GO! when they could have done is back when Sonia was hosting BB on nine?

So this is going to be on the same level as “Big Brother Up-Late” is it? As I notice Nine have given it an MA15+ (albeit 8:30pm timeslot).

2 Likes

I certainly hope so :joy:
Some yummy hunky guys to watch! :yum:

4 Likes

So many hot guys. I cannot wait :smiley:

2 Likes

No that wasn’t a problem with BB as the two raunchiest seasons, 5 and 6, were also some of the best rating.