Liberal Leadership Spill - Coverage Discussion

4 Likes

The three are getting ready to shoot but there is already a bullet hole in Turnbull’s hat? :thinking:

Paul Murray and Chris Kenny saying its deplorable that people questioning duttons eligibility and that Turnbull out of spite is making it as bad as possible for the party.

Who gives a fuck?!! So fucking what?!

Jeeze talk about a stacked right wing nut job panel… Chris Kenny, bronwyn Bishop, Sharri Markson, Rowan Dean, Ross Cameron. The token lefty was Richo but he really has lurched to the right.

4 Likes

What has Abbott been doing out of spite since he was deposed? He certainly hasn’t been sitting quietly on the backbench drawing dicks on the furniture.

6 Likes

Perhaps it’s referencing the first Leadership Challenge? Really interesting to find out what the result will be tomorrow, but with the constant shuffling around in recent years, I have a feeling if there is new Leadership tomorrow, it won’t last one when there is a Federal Election again.

But the hypocrites on the right won’t see or say this!! The double standard is astounding.

2 Likes

7 will have another special hour long edition of the Morning News from 11am tomorrow. Obviously followed by rolling coverage of the expected pinnacle of the leadership crisis.

3 Likes

Tomorrow’s 7 News at 6 will also be an hour bulletin here in Adelaide. TT will return on Monday.

In the EPG, ‘Liberal Leadership’ is slotted in from 10:30 am - 1:30 pm. I assume SA will take this live (11 am - 2 pm AEST)

2 Likes

The Sky News countdown appears to be counting down to 12:00:10 AEST tomorrow.

1 Like

That face is exactly how I picture Dutton. No joke :joy::joy:

Facebook live from ten daily with Sandra Sully and Sam Dastiyari today, surprising that they couldn’t have set this up with some lighting, mics and a camera given where they are… it’s not hard!

Edit: They were even promoting it on Twitter, wouldn’t have been hard to set some equipment up.

2GB reporting, based on a listener’s email, that Peter Dutton’s electorate office has been vandalised with windows smashed etc. Police apparently on the scene. 2GB attempting to confirm it. Edit: 2GB report police have confirmed it. I wonder how many TV cameras are descending on it right now, and how many reporters will be outside his electorate office for live crosses on the TV breakfast shows?

Looks like the vision from Dutton’s office has been pooled. Nine and Seven looked like they had identical vision.

Probably all shot by the same freelance overnight cameraman, who would just string his vision to all the networks.

2 Likes

Leigh Sales will again host special coverage of the leadership spill at 7.30pm tonight on ABC.

1 Like

Networks have finally dropped the breaking news straps for this morning’s coverage (until something changes)

ABC are using an occasional “Breaking” when they post new information.

So far, only reporting of Solicitor General’s advice is from ABC and Ten (Studio 10).

Is every network providing special coverage around the 12pm deadline today?

Seven and Nine have special coverage scheduled to start at 11am. Ten will extend Studio 10 to 1pm