Liberal Leadership Spill - Coverage Discussion

Looking forward to Lawrence Mooney’s spot on Kennedy Molloy this week. The spill will make for great comedy fodder.

So Kochie told Chrisopher Pyne to “grow a pair” for not revealing who the rebels are. :open_mouth: :joy:

2 Likes

Hard to see how Turnbull can recover from this. The policy flip flopping, disunity, constant criticism from right wingers will ensure he unravels. It is a question of when now.

1 Like

Raymond Morris Hadley, the defacto head of the far right wing of the Liberal Party of Australia, says it will be on again. Hadley’s phone was constantly buzzing this morning with disgruntled members of the parliamentary party bagging Malcolm Turnbull. He expects Peter Dutton to be on his program on Thursday morning as usual, expounding a bunch of nonsense no doubt.

1 Like

Agreed! Great job from the both of them

1 Like

Very interesting either way. Turnbull could call a snap election. However, with Dutton moving to the back bench, I’m sure he will be on the phones. I’m tipping Thursday for another spill.

1 Like

1 Like

Survivor providing the laughs this morning

5 Likes

image image image image

2 Likes

But what happens if Peter Dutton is disqualified from Parliament due to his business interests.

Maybe Malcolm Turnbull should refer Peter Dutton to the High Court to get that issue sorted out and put off another challenge from him.

1 Like

Once again, Australia has become the laughing stock of the world:

Liberals are gone I think.

A reminder this is for coverage discussion.

No political wars. Ta.

1 Like

?

Sorry, two threads for an inextricably linked topic is confusing.

This is for coverage/coverage analysis. There’s a Federal Politics thread for that.

2 Likes

7 had a special hour long morning news hosted by Ann Sanders on developments today.

Broke into the Midday Movie for the PM and Dutton’s press conferences.

1 Like

ABC 24 getting a bit overexcited

2 Likes

I’m surprised WIN hasn’t decided tot flick the switch early on Sky News considering today’s developments. Would’ve been quite the first impression for regional viewers to see Paul Murray foam at the mouth and lose his mind on PML tonight.

2 Likes

Did it? I thought the midday movie was instead preempted altogether.