LEGO Masters

Thing that annoyed me - Joss and Henry built dragons and that’s basically it. One trick ponies.

As far as I’m concerned, Alex and Caleb were the real winners as their skills progressed over the course of the show and they showed remarkable growth.

2 Likes

Henry and Joss win LEGO® Masters 2022 biggest prize ever

Newcastle-based brothers Henry and Joss were tonight crowned the worthy winners of season four of LEGO® Masters on Channel 9.

The impressively creative duo took out the title, winning $100,050. Hamish Blake threw in the extra $50 to ensure we could say it’s the biggest prize ever – to go with the coveted title of LEGO® Masters champions for 2022.

In tonight’s grand finale episode the last three teams were tasked with a dream challenge: 28 hours to build whatever they wanted. And wow, did they deliver, with the most impressive builds of the season.

After nearly cracking under the pressure in Sunday’s elimination, Henry and Joss bounced back to create their biggest, most technical creature yet. Wanting to resemble an action movie, their final build featured a giant monster, the animated Japanese Kaiju figure, versus a Mecha crab.

That was enough to impress judge Ryan “Brickman” McNaught and members of the public who voted for their favourite build.

Underdogs Alex and Caleb, who stole the hearts of the nation with their late charge in the competition, created a magical world dominated by a huge tree, where mini figures took items from the family home and converted them into parts of their town.

The third pairing, Nick and Gene, who had the most dominant streak in LEGO® Masters history, winning six builds in a row, harnessed their unique style for their final build. It was the reimagining of a classic children’s tale of a troll under a bridge, preventing shepherds from moving their flock to greener pastures.

The triumphant winners Joss and Henry came full circle after winning the first challenge of this season. They added bragging rights to their final build with Brickman declaring it was the best “monster” he has ever seen.

Henry said: “Winning LEGO Masters has given me two overwhelming emotions, gratitude and pride. I’m unbelievably grateful for the experience. I want to thank every member of the crew who helped us along the way, and of course Brickman and Hamish.

“It was the most fun I’ve had in my life, and we were able to meet all the amazing contestants we now call our family. I’m incredibly proud of my brother. Joss is an amazing artist and inspiringly talented and passionate about LEGO. I can’t think of anyone I know more deserving of the title of LEGO Masters.”

Joss said: “Our final build truly was a passion project. It’s everything Henry and I love about LEGO condensed into one build, and I couldn’t be happier with the final product. Making the finale was an amazing prize in itself. But being able to say that I took on LEGO Masters with my brother and won is something that I still don’t quite believe.

“Henry and I will continue to create things we’re passionate about, and we can’t wait to share them with the world.”

Brickman said: “Series four was unquestionably the hardest series of LEGO Masters ever, with the challenges, the timeframes, even taking LEGO outdoors. To rise up through all of that made winning this year mean more than any other year. So, boy, did Henry and Joss ever earn it!”

2 Likes

NBN News had an interview with Henry and Joss on Tuesday night’s bulletin.

1 Like

Several models from Lego Masters will be on display at Bricktionary, Brickman’s latest Lego exhibition, which opens at Melbourne Museum this Saturday (September 3) until January 29 next year.

2 Likes

Christmas edition plus Grand Masters series.

3 Likes

The recent season premieres on THREE in New Zealand next Monday (October 10) at 7.30pm, continues on Tuesdays.

1 Like

LEGO Masters Brickmas Special promo launched tonight.

2 Likes

1 Like
2 Likes

LEGO® Masters Australia returns for a magical two-part LEGO Bricksmas Special as we celebrate the most wonderful time of the year.

Over two Sunday nights this month (November 20 and 27) four celebrity guests will team up with four LEGO Masters® favourites to form super teams, battling it out over a brace of Christmas-themed episodes to win the ultimate prize: being crowned the LEGO® Masters Bricksmas Specials champions.

Stepping into the LEGO® Masters world for the first time are LEGO® super fans: interior designer and judge on The Block, Darren Palmer, children’s entertainer Emma Watkins, actor Lincoln Lewis, and chef and Snackmasters host Poh Ling Yeow. They will be joined by returning contestants Fleur (Season 3), Gerhard “G” (Season 1), Alex (Season 2) and Sarah (Season 3)

LEGO® Masters Australia host Hamish Blake and judge Ryan “Brickman” McNaught will guide the teams to create two extraordinary Christmas-themed builds. Hamish, Australia’s most popular TV host, will provide the Christmas cheer and laughs, while Brickman helps the celebrity teams’ builds as well as doing the judging.

For the second time in LEGO® Masters Australia history, Brickman will be putting his world-renowned skills on show as he spends an hour with each team to assist with their Yuletide builds.

With Christmas just around the corner, these two special LEGO® Masters episodes are certain to get the whole family into the festive spirit.

LEGO® Masters comes from producers Endemol Shine Australia, a Banjay Company. The series is adapted from an original UK format from Tuesday’s Child Productions and The LEGO® Group.

LEGO® MASTERS BRICKSMAS SPECIALS
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 20 AND SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 27
AT 7.00PM ON CHANNEL 9 & 9NOW

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Poh and Sarah won this year’s Bricksmas special with their creation of two hippos dancing in hulla hoops.
https://www.nine.com.au/article/02560568-992c-456c-807b-c5cbfd4a9ab6

1 Like
3 Likes

From tonight’s promo

2 Likes

Promos now starting

3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Best of the best return for LEGO® Masters Grand Masters

Australia’s favourite entertainment show, the Logie Award winning LEGO® Masters, is returning April 10 at 7.30pm for its fifth and biggest season yet on Channel 9 and 9Now.

In a world first, the winners and top teams from previous seasons plus a new wildcard duo will face off in a supersized competition to determine the best of the best in LEGO ® Masters: Grand Masters.

Hamish Blake is back as host, alongside judge Ryan “Brickman” McNaught, for the toughest challenges ever, and new twists and turns to truly test this elite group of champion builders.

Ryan said: “Being Grand Masters, the expectation is already there. They all know they need to bring something new and exciting, something beyond their best, something we’ve never seen before, and they sure do.”

This year the challenges are tougher than ever, testing each contestant’s skills like never before. They include LEGO® worlds suspended high above the ground; an exciting movie mayhem scene using motors and explosives; and a rocket being launched into the sky.

There will also be special guest appearances from Sophie Monk, Dr Karl Kruszelnicki and – to celebrate 100 years of Disney storytelling – the iconic character Mickey Mouse.

Hamish said: “To be invited back this season for Grand Masters I think really solidifies me as the best host that has ever hosted LEGO®Masters Australia, and that is a huge honour.”

LEGO® Masters: Grand Masters will hit unbelievable heights of creativity as the best brick builders in the nation raid the ever-expanding brickpit to get one up on each other. Expect the greatest builds in LEGO® TV history as they battle for the most prized trophy of all.

LEGO® Masters: Grand Masters comes from producers Endemol Shine Australia (a Banijay Company). The series is adapted from an original UK format from Tuesday’s Child Productions and The LEGO® Group.

LEGO® MASTERS AUSTRALIA GRAND MASTERS – TEAMS

2 Likes

The April issue of Australian Women’s Weekly includes a feature interview with Brickman and his new wife Tracy.

1 Like