LEGO Masters

Quite a bit of negative comments on social media last night about the judging by Brickman with claims of favouritism. The show must be one of the few reality formats with a single judge who has the power over who ultimately wins the entire series. Not only is he giving advice during the builds he is picking the winner and clearly doesn’t like it if his advice isn’t followed.

A couple of screen shots from when the show broke the fourth wall last episode (sorry for the low quality)

4 Likes

LEGO Masters executive producer David McDonald did an interview with TvTonight and it was revealed this year would have 2 more episodes than 2020. As last season had 11 episodes and 6 episodes have already aired with 3 eliminations, it probably means that eliminated teams will be coming back.

4 Likes

On Monday’s episode half the eliminated contestants came back - so the show went from a final four back to six teams.

After tonight’s episode, Nine ran a promo for the Sunday elimination followed by “and then on Monday” promo where you could clearly see at least 4 of the teams that survived the elimination.

1 Like

The season 3 grand final will be shown on Monday, May 17.

I’m not surprised the ratings were down last night. After 2 eliminated teams were returned to the show the season has started to drag with the same contestants competing over and over. Last night was a 90 minute episode for just one build and the result was one team received immunity - so not even an elimination - with the final reveals and judging stretched out over 30 minutes.

In future seasons, if Nine want to extend the season and have such long episodes it would be better if they started out with more teams.

4 Likes

The fix was in for last night’s episode right from the start with the choice of build clearly designed to keep one team in the competition. And Brickman obliged to a chorus of criticism on social media. No wonder this season’s ratings are way down and heading in the wrong direction.

2 Likes

I caught up on last week’s episodes today before the final two shows this week.

At the start of Tuesday’s monochrome house challenge, Hamish and Brickman were shown in black and white. I first thought there were some CGI used in post-production to put the two man in black and white, but over the course of the episode I realised they had their faces, necks and arms painted in grey paint. The make-up and costume artists did a great job.

Hamish and Brickman were back to normal selves around three hours later.

A huge turnaround for Gabby and Ryan. They were originally eliminated in episode 7 after the “Kale Scale” challenge, but returned in the next episode. And now they reached the top 3 and had a chance to win the Lego Masters title and $100,000 in prizemoney.

I feel very sorry for the mums Sarah and Fleur though.

2 Likes

David and Gus has been the best performing team across the season (apart from a stumble during the greyscale house challenge) so they deserved to claim the title.

It’s a shame that due to border restrictions at the time of filming (late January 2021 I believe) that the eliminated teams could not be invited back to the set to celebrate.

3 Likes
1 Like

The Daily Telegraph reports the next season of Lego Masters will be filmed in Sydney due to uncertainly over state border restrictions. Also, Hamish Blake now lives in Sydney with wife Zoe and their kids.

4 Likes

Really disappointing for the Melbourne television industry.

It’s just one show. I’m sure the Melbourne industry will survive.

3 Likes

1 show hey?

The last 12 months…

Dancing With the Stars
Mask Singer
Ninja Warrior
The Chase
Lego Masters

Not good for a lot of people who work in the local industry and for the largest free to air tv market.

3 Likes

I think The Block will continue to keep Melbourne occupied for quite a while. Plus they still have Masterchef and Making It produced in Melbourne so it’s not that bad.

Perhaps if Nine commissions SnackMasters they could base it in Melbourne.

2 Likes

Wasn’t there resent discussions last week that The Block was also moving to NSWs?

1 Like

Byron Bay.