KIIS Network

:rofl: This from Kyle, who tells a listener to “Suck a Dick!” then KIIS replays it constantly throughout the day as a highlight for their show.

Meanwhile, Jackie O is not a cocaine whore. Good to know!

1 Like

Sydney radio is a dumpster fire

3 Likes

KIIS in Brisbane?

2 Likes

KIIS101.1 Brisbane. Righteo!

There’s also “97.3 MIX” listed there as well…

2 Likes

Maybe the community station at Logan has just changed format!

2 Likes

Watched the Producer free fb live of the KJ show last night and they were seamless. They absolutely nailed it without the producers on air and off air.

2 Likes

Probably because NOBODY tells Kyle what to do. He just does it.

3 Likes

What a rebel

6 Likes

https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/robin-terry-and-bob-show-reportedly-in-crisis-talks-following-ratings-slump/news-story/b34bea37f992a3c131cf8fb7aebf7471

3 Likes

It’s the whole station that needs a rethink, Not just the breakfast show.

3 Likes

101.1 FM hasn’t know what it is for at least two decades, possibly longer. It’s had no real identity, and has been programmed from interstate for at least that long.

Jase & PJ are a good show, but they’re not from Melbourne, and in a city as parochial as Melbourne if you’re not from here you better be a footy player or connect in some other way - and the two of them just do not. Their content is good, but they don’t connect on a broad level because they’re not from here and you can tell. Maybe in another 1-2 years when they’ve really embedded in what Melbourne is, they will be able to etch up in the ratings, but only if the greater station around them stops pretending it’s a Sydney station.

4 Likes

From an outside view, it seems like the ONLY way to connect with Melbourians is to bring up footy every single break.

1 Like

Maybe but also their show is a very Sydney show. Melbourne shows are daggy. Sydney ones are more loud, brash and trying to be edgy. Their show does well on the socials but not in the books, the station they’re on doesn’t help, 101.1 has never been strong especially with a young audience.

2 Likes

I think that ‘bringing up footy every break’ is a cheat for attempting to sound local - Jonathan Brown, for example, certainly doesn’t do so but he is a footy player and is connected to Melbourne, having grown up there.

Sydney is a different market, which I don’t think anyone at ARN truly understands. Even still, the non-local breakfast shows on 2DAY have not worked very well, despite the fact that Melbourne people genuinely care more when someone on the radio talks about their favourite pasta joint on Chapel Street that they’ve been going to for 25 years (oh, how relatable!), or that time back in the day at QBH nightclub…

Jase & PJ are competing against shows which are all ‘so Melbourne’. Even Christian O’Connell has true-blue Melbourne boy (and of Hamish and Andy fame) Jack Post as his offsider.

101.1 has a guy from Brisbane hosting breakfast alongside a girl from NZ. Days is hosted by a Melbourne boy, but I don’t think he’s allowed to say anything other than ‘how great are Jase & PJ on air from 6am every morning’, and it’s all programmed via Sydney. The music and station personality are all ‘how awesome are we’ Sydney vibes - on a station that rates consistently last of the pseudo-CHRs.

The only actual Melbourne personalities they have are put on a national drive show where they can’t talk about anything to do with Melbourne.

I’ve been listening to nova lately, and it’s been quite enjoyable. Very easy to listen to - and they’re giving away $50k every Monday, and whilst it’s all over the station it’s very throwaway which I like. A couple months ago, KIIS had the big, bold British voiceover going on about ‘Melbourne’s BIGGEST competition EVERRRRRRRR’ and it’s just tiring. It’s not 1994 anymore.

6 Likes

Yeah they probably should have flipped those shows over to each other’s time slots

3 Likes

Mix 102.3 in Adelaide the latest breakfast shake up.

8 Likes

Her easy rapport and undeniable chemistry with Soderstrom will be missed.

2 Likes

I’d say they’ll skew younger given HIT107 is now focusing on the same market.

I wonder if we’ll see any changes at 97.3FM?

Maybe they’ll bring the sound of the KIIS Network into line with Sydney and Melbourne?

1 Like

I doubt this decision had anything to do with that Hit107 are up to

1 Like

That would be the worst thing they could do with 97.3. Then you’d have 3 out of the 4 FMs sounding exactly the same. They need to go the other way with 97.3, towards Pure Gold or Smooth.

2 Likes