KIIS Network

I think it’s great to see 96fm return to ‘real music’ and try to recapture their success of recent years - before ARN ruined it.

But with the music and style of the station now so far removed from “KIIS” stations in Sydney and Melbourne what’s the point of the KIIS network?

Why have a “network” when each station bears no resemblance to the others? It’s just dumb.

The stations are all so different, even 97.3 and Mix 102.3 are totally different to KIIS in Syd/Mel.

Disband this farcical “network”. Same goes for Pure Gold. 4KQ and Cruise should form the basis for a classic hits brand.

Maybe it’s my OCD but ARN has no idea.

7 Likes

Mate, I could not agree more :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Why does ARN largely position their main stations as being part of the KIIS and Pure Gold/Classic Hits Networks? Possibly because it’s easier from a national advertising perspective and because it likely doesn’t cost as much to have a common logo design (with the only difference being the text for each station) across the four or five key stations in each “network”.

I agree that it’s stupid, but the same can be said about the strategies of most major commercial radio networks in this country.

1 Like

I read a article on the weekend where 96fm would be changing their music format to Sold gold music :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Good luck with that.

ARN is going for a 25-54 brand that’s 18-39 friendly, at a guess. Let’s hope they don’t fuck it up this time.

Edit: just had a look at the log from Monday - they’re skewing older than I anticipated with that, very much on par with Gold Melbourne with some older throwbacks (eg. The Beatles) and newer recurrents (eg. Imagine Dragons). One to keep an eye on.

Pardon the double post - details on the new ARN websites over in the Corporate thread.

Completely agree. Similar at Hit network where they have varied the brand too much in some markets.

1 Like

It’s the Brad McNally/Graham Mott position. Worked well for them.

A fact him and Gary Roberts would know well.

If only The Airhead website was still running, hilarious comments to be read I’m sure.

Agree. As usual, the lack of commonsense from the bean counters and sales rule the roost.

1 Like

Seen on Facebook this morning…

Great opportunity for 96fm to relive this. Most of these bands on the 96 playlist. Not the whole concert again but a feature tomorrow on the Classic Cafe. Must listen. Great to see the station acknowledging the artists as they play them this weekend too.

4 Likes

Former Breakfast Host at 96fm brad fitzgerald doing traffic report for Sunrise today

1 Like

Will and Woody will be on 10’s Celebrity Name Game next Tuesday (July 30).

New websites for ARN across their network:

4 Likes

Looks like there’s now a local version of the iHeartRadio Countdown for 97.3 Brisbane if their website is anything to go by

2 Likes

Good, it was needed. Attention to detail amongst the networking introduced to 973, beginning with drive and then night blocks displacing live (virtual) and local content sadly.

Herald Sun reports today that KIIS 101.1 breakfast co-host Polly “PJ” Harding will fight AFLW star Tayla Harris in the boxing ring in North Melbourne on September 5, to help stamp out online bullying.

2 Likes

There has been for a while now, I remember hear it throughout the course of last year too with Louise at the helm. Usually it’s the same music guest as the Kiis version however, which makes me think the interviews are conducted fairly generically and the presenter just adds local drop-ins to questions.

2 Likes

According to today’s Sunday Herald Sun, Rebecca Judd will join Jase & PJ as a weekly guest, on top of her co-hosting The 3PM Pick-Up twice a week.

This has been the case for a while already…

KIIS 106.5 balance audio is favouring the right side since Friday afternoon. I’m surprised no one has fixed it yet.

1 Like

The fight took place at Kensington in inner Melbourne with PJ winning the charity fight.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2Bs1UXAXxC/

2 Likes