Kayo Sports

I’ve wondered for a while whether Foxtel might do something like this - Sky Sports in the UK have done it with a linear channel “Sky Sports Mix” which is available on the base Sky package that is a mix of (live and delayed) sports coverage and supplementary programming

Doing by streaming might be a better option IMO

4 Likes

Sounds like Rugby is more the target - basically them doing the deal and saying they could do 1 Super Rugby game a week “FTA” via Kayo, instead of the Nine/Stan deal.

Especially as you’d be worried that Nine would see that work and then look at doing it for more sports going forward.

3 Likes

I think that might have been an outcome if Fox had bought 10.

Does anyone know why there is never any analysis during the innings break?

1 Like

Because it is a Cricket Network production.

Yeah why don’t the CA Network do it

Cricket Network is CA.

But why don’t they do it!

Cricket Network is the broadcast arm of Cricket Australia.

I know that but why don’t they ever do any broadcast during the innings break like analysing the game, talking to guests etc or even interviewing players down on the ground, looking at the pitch etc?

It’s a 3 camera operation, it would be difficult. Also, the commentators need a break.

They barely have anyone at the ground, let alone guests.

It’s in a bio-bubble, they can’t go onto the ground.

They don’t use a big set up. They don’t have the resources to do it so there’s no point.

2 Likes

News Corp revealed during its first quarter results this morning that total number of Kayo subscribers were up by 58% from the same period last year. As of September 30, there were 681,000 Kayo subscribers (644,000 paying), compared to 430,000 subscribers (364,000 paying) in the prior year.

2 Likes

So, does anyone know if Kayo has the rights for the NZ Super Smash?

Also why don’t we get spark sport pre match for NZ internationals either?

1 Like

I have seen a few websites saying that Fox Sports has the rights

But the New Zealand Cricket official Youtube channel is streaming the games for free both women’s and mens

1 Like

1 Like

Very strange i can watch them with no problem maybe they think my Tasmanian IP is part of New Zealand?. I can also was the streams that Sky Sports Next does on Youtube

2 Likes

According to press release today. 3rd test will stream in 4K on Kayo.

1 Like

Awesome! Looking forward to it. This will be a great step if this works, with more sports in 4k hopefully!

It’s the same generic press release as other two tests. It will not be 4K on Kayo.

2 Likes