Kayo Sports

An iPad.

2 Likes

100%. Standard iPad will keep you going for many years with new software updates.

3 Likes

Agree with iPad for future proofing as others have said.

If it needs to be Android, and $$$ are a consideration, I’d probably go for a Samsung Galaxy Tab A.

Updated the software and it now has installed. The only trouble is that when I click on a video it exits back to the home screen automatically or will exit the app. It starts for one second then exits

1 Like
2 Likes

Foxtel has struck a new broadcast deal with Supercars who will remain with the pay TV provider until 2025.

Every Supercars session will continue to be shown on Foxtel and Kayo Sports as part the five-year agreement announced on Thursday.

More:

1 Like

Kim McConnie will be moving across from Foxtel to the newly created role of marketing director for Kayo, leading brand management and go to market strategy for the business.

McConnie has previously held roles at Cricket Australia as general manager of the Big Bash League, and director of sports sponsorship for PepsiCo USA.

https://www.cricketaustralia.com.au/media/announcements/kayo-stream-sheffield-shield/2020-10-08

1 Like
1 Like

THERE IS ANOTHER MASSIVE SLATE OF LIVE SPORT AVAILABLE TO FOXTEL AND KAYO SUBSCRIBERS THIS WEEKEND.

The Footy Finals continue with all the big AFL and NRL matches LIVE across the weekend on Fox Footy and Fox League.

The French Open tennis moves into finals with LIVE action on Fox Sports.

Game one of the 2020 Bledisloe Cup will be LIVE this Sunday on Fox Sports.

Football fans can enjoy the World Cup Qualifiers on Friday morning with Paraguay v Peru and Uruguay v Chile on beIN.

Formula One continues its season in Germany, while MotoGP will be racing in France on Fox Sports.

The NBA Finals series continues with the LA Lakers facing off against Miami Heat LIVE on ESPN.

Plus, there is more NFL and MLB action on ESPN.

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 8

SPORT TITLE DETAILS TIME CHANNEL
NFL NFL Tampa Bay Buccaneers v Chicago Bears 11.15am ESPN
Baseball MLB Los Angeles Dodgers v San Diego Padres 12.00pm ESPN2
Tennis Roland-Garros 2020 Day 12 11.50pm FOX SPORTS 505

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9

Football FIFA WCQ Paraguay v Peru 9.25am beIN Sports 3
Football FIFA WCQ Uruguay v Chile 9.40am beIN Sports 2
Basketball NBA Finals Miami Heat v LA Lakers 12.00pm ESPN
Motorsport 2020 MotoGP MotoGP France: Practice 1 6.00pm FOX SPORTS More 507
NRL 2020 Telstra NRL Finals Sydney Roosters v Canberra Raiders 7.50pm FOX LEAGUE
AFL 2020 Toyota AFL Finals Richmond v St Kilda 7.50pm FOX FOOTY
Motorsport 2020 FIA Formula One™ F1 Germany: Practice 1 8.00pm FOX SPORTS 506 & UltraHD
Motorsport 2020 MotoGP MotoGP France: Practice 2 10.00pm FOX SPORTS More 507
Tennis Roland-Garros 2020 Day 13 11.40pm FOX SPORTS 505
Motorsport 2020 FIA Formula One™ F1 Germany: Practice 2 11.45pm FOX SPORTS 506 & UltraHD

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10

NRL 2020 NRLW Warriors v Roosters 12.30pm FOX LEAGUE
NRL 2020 NRLW Dragons v Broncos 4.00pm FOX LEAGUE
Motorsport 2020 MotoGP MotoGP France: Practice 3 6.00pm FOX SPORTS More 507
NRL 2020 Telstra NRL Finals Parramatta Eels v SS Rabbitohs 7.50pm FOX LEAGUE
AFL 2020 Toyota AFL Finals Geelong v Collingwood 7.50pm FOX FOOTY
Motorsport 2020 FIA Formula One™ F1 Germany: Practice 3 8.45pm FOX SPORTS 506 & UltraHD
Motorsport 2020 MotoGP MotoGP France: Qualifying 9.30pm FOX SPORTS More 507
Tennis Roland-Garros 2020 Day 14 11.50pm FOX SPORTS 505

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 11

Motorsport 2020 FIA Formula One™ F1 Germany: Qualifying 12.00am FOX SPORTS 506 & UltraHD
Basketball NBA Finals Miami Heat v LA Lakers 10.30am ESPN
NFL NFL Minnesota Vikings v Seattle Seahawks 11.15am ESPN2
Rugby 2020 Bledisloe Cup Game 1 2.00pm FOX SPORTS 505
Motorsport 2020 MotoGP MotoGP France: Race 5.50pm FOX SPORTS More 507
Tennis Roland-Garros 2020 Final Day 8.20pm FOX SPORTS 505
Motorsport 2020 FIA Formula One™ F1 Germany: Race 9.30pm FOX SPORTS 506 & UltraHD

Not sure what to read into this - got an email from Kayo this afternoon saying that from Friday 16/10 their app wont work on the Foxtel Now box (I was using one before getting a Shield)…

1 Like

I wonder if Seven knew when it signed it’s Supercars deal that Foxtel would be providing at least some of its coverage for free?

2 Likes

I would be surprised if Kayo provided free access to Foxtel-exclusive races on a regular basis. As such, would guess most of the free races will be ones Seven are also airing so that potential subscribers can sample Foxtel’s coverage

2 Likes

I’ve wondered for a while whether Foxtel might do something like this - Sky Sports in the UK have done it with a linear channel “Sky Sports Mix” which is available on the base Sky package that is a mix of (live and delayed) sports coverage and supplementary programming

Doing by streaming might be a better option IMO

4 Likes

Sounds like Rugby is more the target - basically them doing the deal and saying they could do 1 Super Rugby game a week “FTA” via Kayo, instead of the Nine/Stan deal.

Especially as you’d be worried that Nine would see that work and then look at doing it for more sports going forward.

3 Likes

I think that might have been an outcome if Fox had bought 10.

Does anyone know why there is never any analysis during the innings break?

1 Like

Because it is a Cricket Network production.

Yeah why don’t the CA Network do it