Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

Sorry - I’ve only seen this @eddel - yes we can, we haven’t as yet but it is something that we can consider. I’ve only just become aware of some of the issues we’ve been having in some of the threads (I haven’t been able to keep across everything recently) and this may help, but I’ll have to defer to my modteam to get an understanding whether this will work or not.

Yes and Yes (we can always organise a demo :wink:
There was an incident yesterday that has now been dealt with (and that particular individual is no longer welcome) , we make an effort to jump on the reports as soon as they happen but there are inevitably times when that can’t happen

1 Like

I can send private messages and I’m not a mod.
I think this is what Luke means

1. Click on the “three horizontal stripes” icon up in the top right corner of the page (next to where you user name symbol is).
  2. Click on “Users”
  3. Click on the User you want to send a message to
  4. Click on “Message”.
1 Like

Please tell me you got rid of my arch nemesis here…

Nope. I’m still here Alan.

All users are able to send private messages, except for those whose posts are on mod queue, whose posts must be approved by a moderator before they appear.

5 Likes

I believe you can only send messages to other members, if you’re not on the mod queue. I’m on the mod queue…so I know that you can’t send messages if you are on it. It’s a bit of a nuisance, but nothing can be done about it, unfortunately.

We regularly review the list of users on queue and remove people if they have demonstrated that they no longer need to hold that restriction, so it’s really up to the individual to do something about it through their contributions to the site.

1 Like

It seems that the fonts are gone.

CSS issue???

Who is changing the TAB Corp to “A TAB thread, for some reason” and why?

Is it important to know why?

1 Like

I was just trying to keep it standard but it keeps getting changed to something smartarse. I just wanted to know what the point is they’re trying to make by changing it back.

It’s going to confuse people. At first I thought it was a thread about a diet cola drink.

7 Likes

Thanks for alerting us to a loophole that allowed ordinary members to rename topic titles.

6 Likes

Oh thank goodness @JBar will be happy now that the topic has been renamed!:rolling_eyes:

3 Likes

Just out of interest, how come we can’t see embedded YouTube videos posted on the forums anymore? :confused:

There is a work around

Instead of posting from the browser address bar (e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC-pn9RLT4E) - go to the bottom of the video an select SHARE and a diffent address with appear to copy

Must be a another quirk in the upgraded board software.

1 Like

Lukemovieman’s Business Insider

WTF? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

same reaction I had myself buttt I guess ‘this is great banter, it really is’.

2 Likes

Thanks Alan Partridge.

3 Likes

If you post off topic content in the supermarkets thread, you may get a spinoff thread of your own too!

2 Likes

It’ll make a change from the abusive one that was started in my name the other day. :joy: I’ve got my thinking cap on so I can build my profile up. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: